Is this enough

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowmack

Reaction score
I am using 4 t-5 flo 4 ft and have them spaced about 2 feet apart. I am thinking about co2 and if this will increase my yield and what does the whole system entail....
thanks

IMO CO2 would be worthless with T-5fluors.
If you are just starting growing learn the basics before trying advance growing techniques. You might want to read the Stickies and the "Resouces" thread to give yourself a good understanding of the plants you are trying to grow

I am on my 4th grow and I don't think I will ever get to the CO2 point...it's advanced growing for sure...and I agree with ozzy...using it with floros wld be totally worthless...

been growing for 2 years but was told that the lumens wouldnt be as good as the hps but that the light spectrum was better with flo. I read thatadding co2 would help with the t5. The biggest problem that I have found with all grow books and Bibles etc. is that theycontradict themselves, even in the same book sometimes so it is hard to know what is right and whats not.

thanks

my room is 10x12 with 8 ft ceilings. i have been growing aout 20 plants at a time. I have seperate clone and vegetative growth rooms

That's a good sized space....I am not sure who on here uses CO2...hopefully someone who does can chime in...

What are the sizes of the different areas/ or are you planning on using the 10 x 12 for a flowering area?

yes the 10x12 is for flowering but I dont use it all yet but have the spac as needed. the clone and the veg are 4x4 tents

I believe CO2 needs to be used in an airtight grow space...not sure of the specifics because it has never really appealed to me or my needs...I just grow for personal use and because it's fun....

That's a 120 square feet(ft2) x 5000 lumens/ft2=600,000 lumens needed for flowering in that area. Most T-5's have 5000 lumens per bulb that mean you need 120 t-5 bulbs IMO it would be cheaper to go with 4 1000 watt HPS

the optimum level for pot growth is 1500ppm Co2.. veg or flower but the plants really get the benifits during flower stage...as for the lights, if you 4 4' T5's to flower with in that size room i feel you will be disapointed with the results.. go for the gusto and buy at least one 1000w HPS.

I have an air tight flower room and use CO2 just during flower. I have a controler that has the sensors so I could maintain a constant 1500ppm, but I seem to get the same results by injecting CO2 during my dark cycle. Like previously mentioned if this is only your fourth grow, I really would not bother with CO2. I also would not bother with CO2 with any unproven strains.(ex. bagseed). Here is a way to get started into CO2, when you get ready to start experimenting. Buy yourself one of those 5 gal. beer making kits. Sit it in the center of your flower room and let her rip! I always keep a log book as to when I start feeding, water schedules, all that stuff. This gives me solid information that I can use down the road. The beer or even wine making method is really the best way I can think of to get started in CO2. Although there are alot of really smart people on here that probably have a much easier way to get started in CO2 injection.
By the way I have to keep two bottles of CO2 because the place where I have them filled has to have a large group of bottles to fill at once. For some reason they fill CO2 when they get 10-15 bottles. I think they loose to much CO2 when they fill only one bottle at a time. Good Luck !!! Hope you grow the best the world has ever seen!

I have never used co2 either, what I have to say on the subject comes from watching others, friends of mine that have used co2. One friend bought a system, spent like 1200 bucks to get all the stuff he needed, and passed away before he got to implement it. His widow asked me if I wanted it, but being that the guy was ike my brother I felt obligated to take care of his family before myself...I told her that I could probably return the stuff to the hydro store, and get you cash...which we did.

Another friend spent around 1500 on a set up, that he was using on a 5x5 space, the yeild was so insignificant in this small space that he sold it to another one of our friends who used it in a huge space, where he got excellent results from it...but this guy was running like 8 1000w lights in the loft of a barn. I don't know how much more money he had to spend to get it working in his space, but he got it.

Saying all this, and after watching these guys go through what they did. Unless you are growing comericially, to make a living, there is really no need for co2...a small grow doesn't really benefit that much from what you have to put into it. Exchanging the air with co2 enriched air is plenty. It costs alot to set up, and run. If your only running a hobby sized room, your only going to be able to produce a certain amount. Instead of spending the money on the co2 system, IMO you'd be better off setting up a bigger room, or another room,and you will yeild more than enriching a small room...just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back