ISO hash. First try. Tastes like crap. did i...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks strange to me, alot of green...i've only made it from trimmings.

tired of this mess. will buy some bubblebags then.

its REALLY easy to do, takes about 24+ hours and works great. kinda looks like you left it soak too long...how long dmack?

I see two problems here:

1. you need better filtration

2. Whatever you used still had alot of cloraphyll in it. That would account for the green-ness in the dish.

I would recommend adding about a tbps of iso, re-floating the solution and re-filtering it through NON-PAPER coffee filters in a glass jar or a cup.
Then complete the evap process again.

The Brown stuff is what you are looking for...the green is gonna taste really bad.

Also, what kind of alcohol did you use? 80%? 70%?

this is important. I use nothing less than 90% or higher if I can get it.
Then complete the evap process again.

Thanks effen gee. This harvest im definatly going to just toss all of the trimmings into the bags. Octobong i only let it sit on a plate and dry under a heater for a couple of hours tops. Maybe 3. Thanks guys.

ISO oil from bubble bags is some of the most potent and valuble stuff IMO.

I have produced ISO oil so pure from bubble hash it looked like melted popcorn butter. Just a little more amber, but still you could see through it.

Just remember: Filtration, Filtration, FILTRATION!

Thanks a bunch Effen gee. Some hash from the 25 micron bag is going to taste mighty good.

octobong007 said:
its REALLY easy to do, takes about 24+ hours and works great. kinda looks like you left it soak too long...how long dmack?
24n hours are you crazy??? it takes 3 hrs for the last bag to drain tops why do you say things that are not true

i made bubble hash last summer with a buddy who had 3 bags from statr to finish (except for drying) took about 5 hrs

It all depends on how much ISO is used too. Ive never had a batch of ISO take more then a few hours to evap, granted Ive not made huge amounts at a time just some from trimmings and popcorn buds but its never been too long of a wait for a finished product. dmack it looks like that is full of chlorophyll, were your trimmings dried out before you started the process??

Left the trimmings in iso too long. That looks disgusting, toss it.

Latest posts

Back