it is okay.??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iiq van condet

Reaction score
going to 5 weeks...
is my baby healthy ??
or going to die..
noob here..
need support.

Image063.jpg

Very poor quality, but that said, its not dying, yet.

What lights are you using?
What soil are you using?

light total 150w flourescent and 60 watt yellow bulb..
soil that i use is regular compos..

is my baby retarded or something??

Your plant is fine, the lights are too high, you need them closer, the plant is 'stretching' to the light, it should not be doing that, have you fed the plant yet? if so, what with?, you need to re pot the plant deep, up to the red mark and lower your lights, does your plant soil have nutrients already added? any idea what you water PH is?
Also you need a small fan blowing on the plant to make its stalk thicker and stronger.

re pot.jpg

how i repot the plaNt?shoula i cut the leaves?
please tutoring me coz i'm noob..thx

i would think the leaves would die of naturally once they have been repotted in the soil ,,,may be it would be all right to cut them its just that im very wary of cutting of green leaves :giggle:

when is the exact time to repot the plant?should i wait until the leaves die naturally or i just cut it?

I would say to make sure you fill your pot up to the very top with soil. You want to have as much space as possible for roots to grow. What kind of flourescents are you using? I would say get some CFL's and get them within 4 inches of your plant. You can have some over the top of it and place some around the sides to give it adequate lighting. I use about 5 100 watt equivalent CFL's per plant at the minimum. Any more will only help. I've found that lighting effects your whole grow. The more you have, the faster and more luscious it will grow. :D

Also, that looks like foil in the background. Foil is really bad to use. It does not reflect well and can cause hot spots. Flat white paint is far superior to foil.

im suprised it hasn't feel over yet, it being so tall and thin. bury it like Hippy said, he'd never steer you wrong.. good luck.

I think that it is a good idea to cut the leaves off that will be below the soil. This creates another place for the plant to grow roots. In addition,this doesn't leave decaying plant material below the surface of the dirt.

Latest posts

Back