I've been shopping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:yay: :banana: :2940th_rasta: :dancing: :clap:
My tent came in and the lights and such are due tomorrow......
wonder how much longer on the seeds..... been 7 days.

I still need to find out about the ph test needs for an auto soil grow if anyone has any feedback? I don't want to buy stock in the company - just want something middle of the road respectable for now.

very cool I am excited for ya!

2Dog said:
very cool I am excited for ya!
Thanks 2Dog :) - the waiting kills me.... On the up side my lil WW baby gurl is happy and even the lil seedling I tried to murder is on the rebound. Maybe she will be my little seed that could :baby:,

if it makes u feel any better I have been waiting on a keif box for weeks...:hairpull: :( :eek:

OldHippieChick said:
GrowBright 600 watt ......ONE YEAR WARRANY ON BULB

OHC last year i had a grow bright 600 hps burn up 1/2 way through my 2nd cycle w/ it. called tony @ htgs he had new one waiting on porch next day. great customer service. anyhow im ready for this grow.:D subscribing

docfishwrinkle said:
OHC last year i had a grow bright 600 hps burn up 1/2 way through my 2nd cycle w/ it. called tony @ htgs he had new one waiting on porch next day. great customer service. anyhow im ready for this grow.:D subscribing

Well that makes me feel great - Tony was the one who walked me through my order with loads of suggestions and threw in the ducting for free. So far I have nothing but praise for that guy and HTG. Not so crazy about the website because if anything is out of stock you can't even read the description - but if you call they can tell you when it's expected on the shelf. Thanks for the feedback docfishwrinkle :D . I'll post a pic once all arives and is set up and then we'll get this grow going in the GJ section.
:yay:

dr pyro said:
you lose alot of lumes with a coversion bulb

What you mean by loosing Lumena with a conversion bulb.?
I order a 400 watt conversion bulb
Glow Power Super Horticultural Lamp
MH-T400/Ho/6K
Cool Spectrum 6,500 Kelven

So your saying that this isn't a good light.?

Flyinghigh said:
What you mean by loosing Lumena with a conversion bulb.?
I order a 400 watt conversion bulb
Glow Power Super Horticultural Lamp
MH-T400/Ho/6K
Cool Spectrum 6,500 Kelven

So your saying that this isn't a good light.?

I don't know how to explain it - maybe someone else will chime in. I couldn't find a spec on your bulb to compare it with a standard MH bulb. All I know is that the conversion bulb I bought drops like 25% in lumins - it's all about the lumins per sq ft of grow space and 5000 lumins per sq ft seems to be the minimum from what I've read .... so my 2x4 space is 8 sq ft and 8x5000=40000 lumins minimum so I'm way over but I hear more is better so we'll see.

When I started out in door growing yr or so ago I was told that it would be fine and I wouldn't need to change to a MH system and so time went on and I bought a 1000 watt Hps system and can't get another system intil after the Ba humbug season is over and chim in the New year:eek: and then I got to explain this to my better half :eek::eek: on why I need to change to MH..

Next year I growing outside with FREE LGHT and that IT !!!!!:D
Max out my patients, Me,Myself and I and that 12 plants..:hubba:

OldHippieChick said:
I still need to find out about the ph test needs for an auto soil grow if anyone has any feedback? I don't want to buy stock in the company - just want something middle of the road respectable for now.

Autos need the same ph as regular strains... for soil I keep my ph between 6.3-6.5...This is the one I hve...it works well enough>>>hxxp://www.eseasongear.com/ph600.html as always xx to tt

whats witt the 600 fab? mines in the mail lol i said to hell with the 400 sold it at a rip off price like the nice person i am got me a bargin digi 600 watt hps mh combo

So my light and vent stuff came today :). The plan is to spend the weekend setting all up and testing for temp control etc... the seeds are still in the mail or so I hope....

Was reading around here on the grow room set ups - many - some intense reads - with diagrams, floor plans, breaker talk, electrician talk etc.... makes me feel so girly - I've been fretting on how I am going to decorate my "room" for all the upcoming celebrations (halloween, b'day, turkey day, christmas and new years ) hehehehehe
I'm such a left brainer.

can't wait to see how it looks.... the main thing to remember when setting it up is to make sure you have a breaker that can handle the amps....

I've been identifying the breakers in the fuse box. From what I read on line a 15A breaker should support 1440 watts max. which is 80% capacity. I've decided to drill a hole wide enough for a industrial strenght extension cord into the unused guest room through its closet that backs into my tents closet. So my light is 600watt but I cant find how many more watts are needed. Hmmmm got a 6" inline duct fan and a 4" inline fan and filter.... what else needs electricity.... digital timer and what else? Anyone out there with the insight I'm looking for?

Hamster Lewis said:
Autos need the same ph as regular strains... for soil I keep my ph between 6.3-6.5...This is the one I hve...it works well enough>>>hxxp://www.eseasongear.com/ph600.html as always xx to tt

Thanks Hamster.... $22.50 and free shipping. Not bad not bad :D .
? So I test the soil for 6.3-6.5 or the water I'm putting in the soil?

Whatcha doin' in TX Ham? I KNOW you didn't come for the smoke!

Please forgive grainy pics.....
So here I sit wondering what to do next. As you can see I have a lot of stuff here but no practical experience in installation. So the original plan was to hook up the filter on the left using the 4" to 6" converter and attaching the 6" end to the cool tube. Reversing the process on the other end connecting the cool tube to the exhaust fan and from there - out of the tent. My first thought is that these 6to4 duct reducers are sure taking up a lot of width in the tent. Is there an alternative? Also, where do I install the intake can fan? I would assume down low but it's 6" and I see all my vents down low are 4". Will I be giving up performance if I used one of the reducers on it? And what's a good sequence? I'd guess yoyos then light then filter then exhaust fan.... and if I can the reducers whats an alternative? Notice I've got loads of the 6"flexible exhaust hose. Can I use a clamp and just jimmy rig clamp the 6" hose to the four inch outlets in the filter and fan? I really don't want to trash up the look.... Ideas?

Once again, the reoccuring theme with me is "timid". I know once I get past this first experience, I'll have grown some nuts/guts that'll serve me well in the future.... but I could sure use some guidance from someone / ANYone out there..... thanks people. I appreciate your help. Sincerely, OHC

050.JPG

051.JPG

052.JPG

2Dog said:
if it makes u feel any better I have been waiting on a keif box for weeks... :hairpull::( :eek:

Are all these online merchants a bunch of potheads? :confused: I'm with both of you... I ordered (and PAID for) a new bong and a glass pipe from a place on the 'net called Chunky Pipes cuz they had good prices and nice stuff... a week and a half later I got an email saying they were out of the bong I ordered...:hairpull: and did I want something else... for MORE $$$... Hmmmm... I don't THINK so... so I cancelled my order and to their credit, or rather MY credit they did give me a refund...:eek: So I did more research and I got my NEW bong in the mail Halloween... Yipee~!

Your setup sounds great OHC... VERY nice gear. Your babies will be off and running in no time... I dunno much about tent setups... I'm sure someone will come along with tent growing experience. imho your filter looks really small for the # of plants and smell you're likely to generate late in flowering. You should use the strongest, 6" fan to pull air first through your filter followed by your cool tube, preferable without any reduction... Use your other fan for an intake to blow cool air from your outer room or from some duct coming from near an open window etc... If you only have 4" holes in the ceiling of the tent you might consider trying to modify those to 6".... I've heard of other growers doing this with tents... I would imagine a razor blade and some good duct tape would do the trick... you would only need to make a slit maybe on both sides of the 4" hole :eek: to widen it 2" so you can run your 6" duct through the tent... and use black duct tape to seal out light around the exhaust duct... eventually up through your ceiling next spring...

Peace!:cool:

dirty that box still isnt here I filed a claim and dude emailed me today saying it had been sent out he also refunded me the shipping his idea not mine but still I ordered it weeks ago and I have stuff waiting to be keifed...lol

Wow...I just realized I think better stoned then sober...and I am not stoned for sure...I don't use filters so my answer cld be very wrong but lets gve it a shot anyway...:)

My not high brain thinks that it wld be a waste to pull fresh air from outside the tent, pass that air through the cool tube and then filter that clean air...waste of filter...so after doing some online research I wld think the plan wld be to pull the air from inside the tent through the filter and then exhaust that air out of the tent...not sure how to include the cool tube in the design though. Hopefully someone who use carbon filters will chime in...I wld set up everything and run it for 12 hours or so to see where your temps are at...you might not need to run any air through the cool tube at this time of the year...or you might need another fan for the cool tube...or I cld be in serious weed withdrawal and be talking out my butt.....:) I will sleep on it and check back in tomorrow night from my HOME....feels good to say that...sorry if I was no help at all....

Go home, sleep in your own bed and get stoned and come back tomorrow Ham.... much respect. The fresh air coming in will not be connected to the filter at all. The air in the tent will first go through the filter drawn through the cool tube by the fan on the other side and out the tent.

DOS : ya think? Just how big a filter do I need for a 40 cubic ft space? Keep in mind these are gona be autos.... thinking I might go with germinating 5 and see how that goes in that space....

Oh and 2Dog and DOS - I'm just being impatient - someone pointed out that their order only took 9 BUSINESS days and here I am paceing the floor when it's just now been 6 BUSINESS days.... I'm just being dramatic. You two though - I feel for you.

Latest posts

Back