I've been shopping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:ciao: OldHippieChck...:48:

Thanks for inviteing me to visit....sounds as though you have everything in order...well accept the beans.:giggle:..they will come sometimes can take up to 30 days..i know thtas not what ya wanna here..but just hang in there thell come..as PH in soil I run mine 6.5-7.0 and I dont test my water as I get it from a water station...its 5 gallon jugs of RO water PH at 6.8....when I think I have an issue with a plant I first check its PH..( PH is everything...ssy it with me) PH is everything!!! I saturate the container real well....let sit for 30 min....then run more PH ballanced water threw and collect the run off and test this...I use a Millwaukke(sp) digital meter..as for the jiffy pucks I use them as well but find the propagation matt is needed...Okay cant wait to see it filled with autos:lama: Im a pulling up my Milk crate Loading my :bong1: and :watchplant:

and Im a doing the Bean dance 4U :banana:

4u2smOke, I couldn't hear a thing you said - was to busy stareing at the poor lil orphan boy avatar. Poor guy looks like he needs a meal and some clothes. Are those bones I see? He looks hot to - down right sweatty if you ask me - maybe we need to start a collection and send him a fan as well. You are such the humanitarian for bringing his plight to our attention. Bless you ;)

Yeah I look good huh? Im in my Birthday suite:D

<<<<<<

and waveing at ya:ciao:

My Milwaukee ph6000 came and I tested the soil in my lil WW that day and it said 6.4. But after rereading your post I tested this morning and after a good watering I'm at 7.1. I also just tested the water.... tap I let sit out for 24hrs and it's reading 7.8. Now here's my dilema, I didn't order any of this calibrating fluid. I've got the one package that came with it. It also came with a card that said it had been calibrated on 8/5/09. So am I being cheap and should I be calibrating this thing everytime I use it?
Also, I'm so baffled with the water issue..... should I be buying distilled water or can I just use what comes out of the pipe if I treat it with something from a fish store to remove chlorine and some ph up or ph down in this case? Thanks for the feedback people..... always appreciated even if I forget to mention every time. xox
OHC

OHC

You will need some calibration solution at the very least the 7.01 and perhaps the 4.01 if your meter has 2 point calibration (mine does).

You also need some solution to store the tip of your meter in. DO NOT LET IT DRY OUT!!!! Bad juju for the meter!:holysheep:

They sell special storage solution, but also mention that the 7.01 solution will work just as well. They (this is all from the Milwaukee web site), also say do not store the tip in either ionized or distilled water.

Check out eseasongear.com for the best prices on meters and solutions, and they also have lots of info on caring for your meter. Go onsite, look up your meter and they will pretty well clue you in on what you need.

I got everything to be on the safe side (I have the Milwaukee SM-101), but after using it, I think all that is needed is the calibration solutions and the cleaning solution.

Also, don't forget extra batteries.:hubba: One of the reasons I picked the SM-101 was that it uses standard 9v batteries that I can snag anywhere.

Hope this helps some.

DD

Droopy Dog said:
OHC

You will need some calibration solution at the very least the 7.01 and perhaps the 4.01 if your meter has 2 point calibration (mine does).

You also need some solution to store the tip of your meter in. DO NOT LET IT DRY OUT!!!! Bad juju for the meter!:holysheep:

They sell special storage solution, but also mention that the 7.01 solution will work just as well. They (this is all from the Milwaukee web site), also say do not store the tip in either ionized or distilled water.

Check out eseasongear.com for the best prices on meters and solutions, and they also have lots of info on caring for your meter. Go onsite, look up your meter and they will pretty well clue you in on what you need.

I got everything to be on the safe side (I have the Milwaukee SM-101), but after using it, I think all that is needed is the calibration solutions and the cleaning solution.

Also, don't forget extra batteries.:hubba: One of the reasons I picked the SM-101 was that it uses standard 9v batteries that I can snag anywhere.

Hope this helps some.

DD

Thanks for the help DD
I went ahead and ordered the calibration solution last week while I was ordering some flanges for the tent. I'll look into the cleaning solution and back up batteries. Yeah I did read and obey the instructions to store the tip in water.... I just use tap water for now. I'm shocked to learn that the ph in my city water is so high. I may be shopping around for a bottled water supplier. Thanks for responding.
OHC

the tap water ph around here is right at 9.5-9.8 year round.... pretty low ppms though.... usually right around 150ppm....

Latest posts

Back