JerseyFreshBs Nirvana Nothern Lights Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerseyFreshB

Reaction score
What's up, what's up...

As some of you may know i had a hermie problem.... I cut it down :eek: :rolleyes:, and now I'm starting over....

I germed 9 Nirvana Northern Lights seeds on 12-27-07... 100% success rate! :D

12-29-07 All seeds are up with there shells off...

Lights - Cool Blue CFL's right now... May witch to 400w MH conv. bulb later. Then 2 400w HPS lights for flower :hubba:

Nutes - FoxFarm Trio

Soil - Pro-Mix BX

There are about 5-6 with purple coloring on there first set of leaves (see pics) is this normal??? I know purple stems is some kind of nute def. I don't know about the leaves though...

Soo, please pull up a chair and hang out, because I wil have tons of questions :D ;)

Peace,
B

DSCN1489.JPG

DSCN1492.JPG

DSCN1497.JPG

hey man. Sweet setup, my 400w MH is treating mine very nice (also started the same seeds under cfl's for a few days )

All my stems started purple and my plants are extremely healthy, right when the leaves began there was a bit of purple.. seemed to fade. All but one plant has gone normal looking cept one, which has purple all over but it's extremely healthy.. hold on ill take a pic.

here's two pics. one is the purpleish NL on the right and a non purple NL pheno on the left.. After a while the purple on the baby leaves goes away but the stem and underside of the leaves is pretty purple still. blurry pic but its the only way i could get the color to show.

Same seeds :hubba:

Cool, thanks...

Nice healthy lookign plants you have there...

Best of luck to you with those...

Peace,
B

looking great bro i have a feeling that this grow will make you happy:D as for the purple mine always looked like that when they first came out of the soil they will be fine good luck and if you dont mind i will be pulling a chair up to watch this grow:hubba: peace

hi jerseyfreshb - i 2 will b following your n.lites in the promix grow. good luck - what size area r u growin in? u have "3" x 400 - thats gonna create a lot of heat - how about fans - + exhaust vents - r u set up 4 smells + noises + lite leaks - oh my. i got a bunch of questions 4 u, if your interested.

Whats up kane.

Heres a pic of there temp home until they get a little bigger...

Then another pic of there future home as soon as i get it cleaned out...

As far as ventilation and odor control, I have 2 6" inline fans pulling air through a carbon scrubber I made using the DIY section on this forum... There is no smell at all outside of the tent... It's great..

I'm going to have to ad another 4" inline fan maybe 6" hooked to a thermostat to draw in fresh air....

Edit* That stuff in the square pot is fresh catnip... My cats LOVE it, lol :) Picked it up from Petsmart...

DSCN1501.JPG

DSCN1502.JPG

Looking good n healthy, Jersey.

I have also noticed stem color purpling on the side that is getting intense MH light. Purple on the stems closest to light source, and no purpling on less lighted stems, if that makes sense. Plants were very healthy and grew on to produce nicely.

BTW, catnip requires 6,500 lumens per square foot. :shocked: Hehe:rofl:

Makes sense to me Pot Belly. I noticed that on my bagseed hermie. The top help of the leaf sem was purple and the bottom half wasnt.. Then going down the purple stopped...

Screw bagseed though... I'm so surprised at how uniformly these seeds are growing...

As for the catnip it'll have to just make due with what light it has lol. My cat get really crazy when i rub a fresh leaf on the toy... way better than dry :) lol

Peace,
B

Just yanking your chain on the catnip. LOL.

I finally got the idea on the bagseed and quit trying to make it work on weed for my smokin. It is fun for novelty grows though.

72 hours after breaking ground...

The purpling is going away :rolleyes:

I'm bored so here are some pics...

DSCN1504.JPG

DSCN1507.JPG

'Sup Jersey :ciao: You got some nice looking sprouts there. Ive heard many good things about Northern Lights, you cant go wrong with it. Good luck man. Im gonna pull up a bean bag for this one. See u around. peace, e :bong2:

Yea yea yea, I know you're all tired of these seedlings pics but this is kind of for my own records :)

6 days old...

Still looking healthy???

Oh yea, how much water does everyone usually use when watering 16oz cups. I been giving 4 oz's to each cup :confused2:

Peace,
B

DSCN1515.JPG

DSCN1512.JPG

Dunno about keeping catnip in with the babies! :eek: My cats are like little raccoons! They'd get in there and eat everything green in the box and then vomit it all up...

...can't even make hash outta cat vomits...

Lol, my cats also made me realize that was not a good idea..... The catnip is gone lol...

Whats up JFB. May i say you babies are coming right along and looking great. Here's some GREEN MOJO to give them a boost. Good luck and look foward to following your grow. ;)

Whats up....

I've been gone for awhile, about a month...

Some weed I bought gave me panic attacks... Weird stuff... Never happened to me before....

I'll never buy weed again, I will only smoke what I grow...

Anyway, here is a pic of the gang... So far, going by the preflowers, I have 5 females :) ...

They are vegging under a 400w MH conversion bulb...

A little over a month old now...

DSCN1600.JPG

girls are looking great JerseyFreshB . ill be watching this one :)

Day 30 flowering...

Ended up with 4 female to flower... plus 1 mother...

Looking a heck of a lot better than bagseed :)

DSCN1788.JPG

DSCN1790.JPG

DSCN1792.JPG

Latest posts

Back