Just a plant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

screwdriver

Here's a friend that my old lady gave to me. It was a plant from an office building garden contract. The gardener would replace a dieing plant with new and would just toss the old in the gabage. Well she keep it alive for a spell and finally died. It sat on the floor by my buckets in the dark until I could add it to my buckets. It looked like a wad of dead, dried leaves and stem. I just wanted to add it to my bucket, but I saw a little green sprout so I cut it back and put it under my 20/4 mh with Ruth.
View attachment 47053

I don't know what this is. I have to help it because of the stem seems a little weak to hold it up now. I also like the campanion. I have seen this same companion before in my soil, but I can't get it any bigger before it dies off.
View attachment 47052

and why did you post that here ??

don't know either but u got the Green Thumb!!

brouli said:
and why did you post that here ??
My bad, can somebody move this to the hash forum?

Thanks Flyinghigh.

Just posted a pic of what's in my veg cabinet. I think the days are too short too put it in the window. At least it doesn't do as well in a window as it does with 20/4 lighting. The leaves are about twice the size as they were when we first got it and it had alot more stems coming from base.

Making due with whats given to me.

Yo Ho There screwdriver,
What you have there is an African Violet, and I think that particular one is referred to as, "Opera's il Straniero". It can grow large, and will produce very beautiful flowers. Water from the bottom, and do not spray mist it. Try not to touch the foilage period.
They are touchy to grow, but worth it if you can create monsters with them.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

i tried cloning mine but no luck still have the plant to. very cool purple flowers coming up from the middle. if youd like ill take some pictures

I like pictures. :rolleyes:

In the second picture of the first post it seems that the stem, at the base, was extremely narrow. Well, its even more so now. It really looks like it wants to go into my buckets soon. I don't think it will recover. It was fun while it lasted.

Can you clone the top portion? That would be neato.

Here goes them pics screwdriver. Yeah i tryed to clone her with some of my clonex rooting gel but didnt see roots 1 week in.

if it is/was an african violet they propigate from leaf cuttings just cut the leaf off an lay it flat on the dirt. lil plants will form around the edge of the leaf. but i thought it looked like a colieus. and they readily root from cuttings in water
an ya i see it was 2 months ago but i miss the chat board thing so now i`m slumming lol

Nothing like a slum excursion to open your eyes. :eek:

I remember as the original plant is slowly dieing I would throw the leaves into my buckets. Eventually mixing and I always add fish fert in my reused soil buckets.

I always get this companion. I always seem to drown it when watering. It droops and never recovers. Here it is popping up at day 43 of flower. So far it is surviving.
DSCN6160.JPG

Sometimes I see things and nothing registers. Thanks KK. Sorry so late.

This is the largest my companion has ever been. I thought it kinda looks like a tomato seedling. Its under 12/12 and appears to be getting healthier. Only got about 10 +/- days before harvest and may transplant to see what been in my buckets.
DSCN6175.JPG

Thats awesome. I haven't grown tomatoes in this soil in years...part of the original bucket soil. I bet the seeds were from my worm bin. I think there was tomatoes in there uneaten. It looks strong enough to begin to LST. :hubba:

I think they were cherry tomatoes.

A new shot of the companion. They are both competing for the light. :)

DSCN6259.JPG

A close up of the tomato stem's trichomes. I think the tomato plant is jealous there are no spheres on the end.

DSCN6262.JPG

screwdriver said:
Here's a friend that my old lady gave to me. It was a plant from an office building garden contract. The gardener would replace a dieing plant with new and would just toss the old in the gabage. Well she keep it alive for a spell and finally died. It sat on the floor by my buckets in the dark until I could add it to my buckets. It looked like a wad of dead, dried leaves and stem. I just wanted to add it to my bucket, but I saw a little green sprout so I cut it back and put it under my 20/4 mh with Ruth.
View attachment 47053

I don't know what this is. I have to help it because of the stem seems a little weak to hold it up now. I also like the campanion. I have seen this same companion before in my soil, but I can't get it any bigger before it dies off.
View attachment 47052

So how this plant doing there screwdriver?? African Violet.

Ur tomato plant looks good !!! I didone in a grow room but it only gave me a few tomatoe's and haven't done another one yet, and I am going too when I rebuild my Flower room for a bigger size to hold 2 tomato's plant and kinda want to try a lettec in there too, but all in good time..

My AV died :cry:

This companion was found in my BBxNL container and I thought I would just keep the tomato plant growing using the same old soil. :)

screwdriver said:
My AV died :cry:

This companion was found in my BBxNL container and I thought I would just keep the tomato plant growing using the same old soil. :)

So why did the AV Fallen over Dead With?
Probally a Heart Attack being around all those Pretty MJ plants :hubba: :hubba: :giggle:

Latest posts

Back