Last week total darkness... ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, but there is absolutely no way that I believe there is any way to up the thc content by 30%--I just call bull. I also want to know the science behind it.

I have been forced to put a plant that is ready to harvest in dark for several days because of circumstances--illness, have to be out of town, too busy, etc. I have never seen any improvement whatsoever.

How about a link to this study?

Fever, i don't want to appear that i am not up for some new research, i like new research. But let it be real tested research,not what some guy says. It would be very cool if something like that had the studies to back up the theory. I have been around agriculture my whole life and it just seems kinda not true to have 48 or 72 or whatever hours of darkness help anything, except perhaps mildew.

Again, i was grumpy when i posted that sarcastic post, sorry. I just had a plant hermi.

the link used to be there it is not anymore this is going back 3 - 4 years ago when it was
i looked for it i even looked for the actual lab and cannot find it
Rose bud its all good and sorry to here about hermi
THG like i said in previous posts unless you have lab tools to actually test THC i think it would be impossible for any of us to prove or see a difference but to sit back for a moment and really think about it ..... IMO i believe it could be true I always wait min 24 hrs after lights are off to harvest this allows the plants to replace any THC / resins it lost due to intense light ,heat etc .
By doing this it also moves starches and liquids back into the root zone when lights are off Osmosis and fluids move back up into the plant and so forth when lights are on all in a normal day of a plant right ?? its a 2 way highway in a plant up and down :p

Wow, just wow.

Lol....
kid-head-slap.jpg

n the 70’s, a University of Mississippi doctor named Carleton Turner showed that THC amounts seemed to differ based on when the marijuana plants were harvested. The potency tended to be increased just prior to dawn. In 2000, Dr. Paul Mahlberg at Indiana University discovered that THC was produced in an extracellular fashion in the center of the glandular membrane (which permitted for daily recycling).

Thus, your theory certainly requires some research, but it might hold true. Turner’s research showed that long dark periods produced the best environment for THC production.

http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.co...na-plants-continuous-darkness-before-harvest/

Latest posts

Back