leaves folding together!! Need help please!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayreef

Herb Jedi
Reaction score
hello all, my leaves are folding together. may be something may be nothing. someone with a little more experience please let me know. i just changed my setup, a bit more heat than before could this be the reason?

100_2048.JPG

100_2049.JPG

100_2050.JPG

If u want to get help faster you should let people know how you are growing.

1. What is the PH of the water you are using

2. What Growing Medium are you using

3. How much of what are u feeding if u are giving nutes

4. What lights are u using and how close to the tops of the plants are they

5. Do u Foliar Feed

6. What is the level of your run-off PH

7. What are your temps

8. If you are Feeding How often and what is your schedule

I'm sure I probably forgot some other important things u need to mention but that should get u started and hopefully one of the Doctors will be with you shortly. :)

Its looks like a lockout issue to me but don't take my word for it be patient and one of the more experienced growers will stop in and have a look.

im not sure exactly what causes this, my plants do this too, but usually when it gets a bit warmer, so that may be it, gl.

i think its the difference in the heat myself but im extremely inexperienced. but there new enviorment is a bit hotter than the last. anyhow, whats a lockout issue?

1. What is the PH of the water you are using
The ph of my water is a stead 6.7 before the miracle grow I drop in it. I just you the tap water, don’t have a meter no strips. I have been to the local shop though and one of the guys came and tested with a digital from my tap and I know it is 6.7

2. What Growing Medium are you using
I’m using a good soil as a medium, however stared in rockwool cubes that are completely buried under the surface.

3. How much of what are u feeding if u are giving nutes
I am only feeding my plant basic all purpose Miracle grow. I use a 16 oz glass to water. I hardly sprinkle any in it so It barely turn the water blue. They don’t need much more.

4. What lights are u using and how close to the tops of the plants are they
I am using 5 cfl’s 2 at 2700k and 3 3500k. They are 1600 lumens a piece. As far as how close, at the closest and inch+ they run a little hot so I haven’t been trying to get them to close.

5. Do u Foliar Feed
No, I just water from top of soil every now and again, or I stick my pots in a thing of water and let them soak it up

6. What is the level of your run-off PH
Cant really tell. I’m sure it cant be to far from neutral either way though.

7. What are your temps
As far as temps, no thermometer in there however I would say probably mid 70 to mid 80. Depending on if the space is opened or closed. The cfl’s do have a bit more heat than my last setup

8. If you are Feeding How often and what is your schedule
Before transplant I have been keep an every 12 hours I would give some water to keep root in rockwool from drying out. Now that have transplanted, I have been wating for the top soil to dry out a bit then water. So every other day if not longer.

Someone please help me out!!

here are some pics from thismorning, its getting worse.

100_2051.JPG

100_2052.JPG

100_2053.JPG

Don't panic,it's just leaf curl brought about by low humidity,at least that's what it looks like from where I'm standing?

You mentioned changing set up,well what do you have and are you monitoring relative humidity and temp as that should give a clue as to what's occuring.

ahhh, that doesn't sound so bad. i can bring the humidity up just by sticking a bowl of water in there right? no, i'm slackin on monitoring my ladies. i'm going to get to it thought. Thank you

looks exactly like mine when I switched from tubes to cfls... It was heat.. wally world has a $6 therm/hygrometer;)

I think it looks like a heat problem. It could be a humidity problem, too, as Rockster mentioned. However, your pH is high and it should be tested after the nutrients are added. And the runoff should be checked. You do not want your pH at neutral--you want it about 6.2 to 6.8

I would encourage you to try and get some better nutrients--something like G H Flora Series, Advanced Nutrients, or Fox Farm.

i used to use that kind of miracle grow too
any advice i can give would be not to use it.

my leaves do that sometimes.

k, thanks goddess. just added a small fan to get some circulation and that heat out of there, also a bowl of water to get some humidity in there. appreciate the help every1. whats the take on foxfarm nutes?

i use botanicare nutes, never burned my plants before with it, i use my judgement on the dose, usually whats recommended on the container.

I use the three pack foxfarm nutes, and they work very well for me. I can't compare against any of the other nutes though, since all I've tried has been FF.

thats what i plan on tryin, goin to the shop to pick up today. thanks all

Miracle grow is one problem,yuk,not all it's cracked up to be when it comes to grass.And your problem is your p.h.,almost bet it's too low.need raise the soil p.h. . Mix a little dolomite lime in some warm water,disolve as much as you can and water the plant with it. may take a few days to react but it will probably do the trick.

D.W.FAAMER said:
Miracle grow is one problem,yuk,not all it's cracked up to be when it comes to grass.And your problem is your p.h.,almost bet it's too low.need raise the soil p.h. . Mix a little dolomite lime in some warm water,disolve as much as you can and water the plant with it. may take a few days to react but it will probably do the trick.

:rofl: I just read your sig...

BOMBA, BOMBA, BOMBA :rofl: love it.

D.W.FAAMER said:
the lime will also provide much needed mg, which miracle grow does not contain... ;)

Latest posts

Back