Led Gro Lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you pcduck, i have a retailer store LED grow light Sale and chips thats all

and i think there is nothing wrong with it , i just have what people might needed, there is no complaining pro or contra needed. those people who know LED they know wha tto do , other people they dont know they always come with complaing and such thing like that :) its alright with me

WeedHopper said:
So ya think its OK to push your Product??I dont give a crap if its LEDS or Kittens. Your pushing a Product. Maybe we just need to bend the rules a little cause its LEDS,,right? :rolleyes:
Totally agree, down with spam.

1st off,,if LEDS were all that freaken great,,the Commercial growers would be using them to make money. They dont,,cause they wont.
Actually they do, and more and more large commercial operations are setting up with them daily. A quick Google or Youtube search will show you plenty.

Will LEDS grow Weed,,well hell yea,,so will CFLs,,,big freaken deal. If ya want to usem,,usem,,but they aint gonna get ya the Harvest that HPS will,,plain and simple.
Actually this could not be further from the truth, and there are many brands currently equally and out producing HPS square inch for square inch.

Hell,,I have Flowered with T5s,,cause its all I had,,but it dont change the fact that HPS would have gotten me a better Harvest with Less Wattage.
Pretty lousy comparison really. Correctly built LED far out perform CFL, T5's, and MH. I have used them all over thirty years and it's not even close.

I hope that someday LEDS can replace all the other lights because they use very little Wattage and have very little heat,,but if they get good enough to replace HPS,,I gotta feelen the wattage and the heat is gonna go way up cause the LEDS will need to be so much bigger then they are now to penatrate the canopy.
LED's have replaced other lights in many gardens and are proving on a daily basis how effective they are both in light spectrum and cost efficiency.

And if they do get thier,,WHO the crap will be able to affordem??:eek:
There are plenty of companies out now that have affordable lights that perform. There are also many companies that sell high priced lights that do not perform. That said, it is not fair to group all LED's as a whole and think they just don't provide equal/better results in some cases.

As for the "They don't penetrate argument" go back a page and take a look at the 6 foot Sativa I just ran a test on and tell me they don't penetrate.

O and for the record, that was one of 6 plants under 256 watts of LED power that went a hair over 6 zips by its self that was vegged for I believe 21 to 28 days from seed.

You can argue your opinions all day long and say what you think. I can actually back up everything I say with fact with documented journals that I have been running the last two years.

I have explained on this site in the past how plants don't need to be grown as tall as stacking is so much better.

Here is an example of a plant I took down recently that was 2 feet tall which you can tell be the total length of the branches.

bluemeanie.png

Of course not all plants will grow quite this dense, but it's a good example of what happens with most of the strains I like to run. And again, one of 6 plants grown under 256 watts of LED power, so about 42 watts give or take from over lap.

If anyone can do this with 42 watts of HPS power I'm all eyes and ears.

Heck, I'm down for seeing it with one plant vegged 21 days with an 250 MH/HPS setup.

Regards

I've grown other plants with LEDS just wondering how they will do with LED's

Hey PJ did you build your own LED fixture or is there a particular brand that you have found to work the best? I have researched them several times and couldn't find any with the power level that I thought would be suffecient without the price being prohibitive. But, I know the technology is advancing all the time :)

Hushpuppy said:
Hey PJ did you build your own LED fixture or is there a particular brand that you have found to work the best? I have researched them several times and couldn't find any with the power level that I thought would be suffecient without the price being prohibitive. But, I know the technology is advancing all the time :)

The modules that I run were designed by me, and built by a company in China that I use for flower using their parts. I also have three different models by Blackstar, and one by Pro Source all ranging in in different spectrum's, but very similar wattages for flower and all have been tested side by side on the same strains.

All will grow plants, but the performance difference is really quite staggering. I feel like there are better companies out there who will build a better light then even what I run but are way out of my price range.

The market right now is flooded with companies and they seem to be popping up monthly so I can see how tough it would be to start doing research now. I really have no interest in providing the company that I use as it is not my intention to sell anything here.

Just trying to debunk the myths and wise tales about what LED's can't or won't do.

If you are in the market HushPuppy I am happy to have a conversation in PM and I can share some links for you to do your research and you can make up your own mind what you decide to do with the information.
;)

Hey Jammers, long time no chat with ya..
Hope life is treating you well.
figured for whats its worth. i would pipe in with .02 worth..
I have HPS set ups. 1000 and also a 600. T-5's
and also some Apollo 4's that a friends suggested the spectrum for me.
I am using 2 of the LED lights right now on a dwc 5 gallon bucket.
And this is only my 2 go with the LED lighting. the 1st grow wasnt really a good one to test the lights due to them having 2-3 weeks of flowering T-5's first...
What PJ says about the lights too close causes bleaching is true....
However this grow, as soon as i got done vegging them a couple weeks (clones) i went from the T-5 they were under to LED only. and had the lights about 2 and 1/2 feet above the bucket.. currently 18 inches above.
they are currently in week 7... harvest at week 8..
this is what i can tell ya...
no stretch from veg to flower.....
very little maintance (for me anyway) i have only changed the bucket solution 2 times since i started flower.. (lucas method)
ppm 650-800 max.. i run the mom under a 1K HPS and she gets 950-1050 ppm....
what i can see with the led grow is plant just about the 12inches tall it was when flipped...
the buds are very dense, no popcorn at all...
be curius if the bud tastes the same...
the first led grow i personally could tell a difference of the taste of the bud when i smoked it????
anyway, enough rambling..
summertime is LED for me becouse of temps.. winter time i use HPS due to the cold and i need the extra heat..
not trying to sell LED,, just another option that produce bud.....

the new technic on LED the 2nd Generation is called '"Focused LED Light" or "bundled LED Light" and only a few have them :)

I liked the facts that p jammer posted about his led grows not just cause I have an led grow going myself but because I went from seed to a basket ball size bush in three weeks with only a 100 watt led , I think the led works fine just depends what spectrum and brand you get is what I think.

I do agree that they cost more than the hps mh lights but in my opinoin its not that much of a price for what you get at least for me

I am going to go through this thread and try and clean it up. I would like to see if we can get an LED thread that isn't gobbly-gooped up with a lot of non-led stuff.

So quit arguing and let's all get along. I hate it when I feel like a babysitter and not a mod. I cannot read every post every day by everyone.

So, we are going to try and stick with facts posted by those that have actually grown with LEDs. I just want new growers to know that there is still a lot of hype around LEDs and not all of them are created equal--some are definitely better than others. I also want people to know that a 90W UFO is NOT going to replace a 400W HPS--something a lot of LED salespeople and site claim.

So, please, if a post has been deleted, do not bring up the same subject. Let the cleansing begin....

I would like to try an LED for summer growing. Last year I shut down in the summer. I don't want to shut down. I have no idea how much money your talking or how I would even begin the research. We have three grow shops locally that sell them, but I didn't want to hear a sales pitch.

Rosie send PJammers a pm and im sure he will try and get you info that you are looking for... I would skip the local shops as well...

never seen the focus before, where can I find some info on them

LED pricing reminds me of big screen TV's. I bought a couple of 1200 watt units last week and this week they are down 100.

Latest posts

Back