Led Gro Lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know good ones special 300 Watts LED they do both veg+flowering ( full Spectrum )

t-5 yes they cheaper , i know T8 they good and waterproof

I read with great interest THG's diy SCROG grow and diy Cool Light and I got poking around on the interwebz looking for ballasts, etc, when I found this on eBay:

Quad Band 450 LED Grow Light Panel from HTG Supply.

Hmmm, I sez. The Lumen info listed was Red: 7.3 lux x 76 LEDs (554.8), Blue: 4.8 lux x 47 LEDs (225.6), Orange: 7.1 lux x 76 LEDs (539.6) and White: 7.5 lux x 24 LEDs (180). It's a 12 x 12 panel.

I'm wondering, would this work well for veg and flower in that 2x2x4 space on 2 plants in a SCROG?

halftoke said:
I read with great interest THG's diy SCROG grow and diy Cool Light and I got poking around on the interwebz looking for ballasts, etc, when I found this on eBay:

Quad Band 450 LED Grow Light Panel from HTG Supply.

Hmmm, I sez. The Lumen info listed was Red: 7.3 lux x 76 LEDs (554.8), Blue: 4.8 lux x 47 LEDs (225.6), Orange: 7.1 lux x 76 LEDs (539.6) and White: 7.5 lux x 24 LEDs (180). It's a 12 x 12 panel.

I'm wondering, would this work well for veg and flower in that 2x2x4 space on 2 plants in a SCROG?

Maybe, but probably not. There is a lot of hype out there. One of the things I learned from one of our members is that you still need to use high wattage fixtures. A 100W LED is not going to replace a 400W HPS. IMO, the only real advantage to LED, even when they get more affordable and are proven lights is the low heat. The LEDs that seem to be working are higher wattage lights out of China, that are also quite expensive.

Best Bang for your Buck,,,,,High Output T5s for Vegg and HPS for Flower.

is there a good T% output brand to use , what ballast is best also. I her that the digital ballast interfere with the cable sometimes internet n phone as well. whats a good brand of ballast n HPS Grow light to get ???

:cool: :icon_smile:

Here is where I buy my lights for flowering, and a good 400wHPS/MH light kit: hxxp://www.hpsgrowlightstore.com/hps1510/hot-best-value-1/ipower-grow-light-400w-hps-mh-dimmable-cool-tube-xl-set.html
Here is a good T5 from same place: hxxp://www.hpsgrowlightstore.com/hps1510/grow-lights/fluorescent-lighting/t5-4ft-6-tube-designer-system-w-bulbs.html

Now if you want to get the Mack-Daddy light, this is the one I'd get: hxxp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/hydrofarm-raptor-dual-bulb-reflector-rp8acd-p-4209.html And these bulbs, IMO are worth the money and all that I use now: hxxp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/digilux-1000w-enhanced-spectrum-metal-halide-grow-bulb-p-2984.html

Here is another T5HO fixture from another company that I order from: hxxp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/sun-blaze-t548-4ft-lamp-t5-grow-light-p-1938.html

I hope this helps you. I buy from both of these companies with solid results. :)

The Hemp Goddess said:
Really? I don't keep my 1000W HPS that far away. I would think that there would be a lot of lost lumens that far away. One of the advantages of using T5s and the smaller LEDs is that you can keep them a lot closer to the plants.
Good LEDs put off about 4 times the amount of useable light than HPS per watt, but because they do not penetrate quite as well one needs to use about half power to achieve the same level of production.

They can not be put close because they will bleach a plant due to the intensity of the spectrum.

For those that have not seen a full thread run on LED's here are a few pics from a test run I did over at Seed Depot on a strain called Choco Loso. this plant went 133 days and yielded a hair over 6 zips at a hair under 6 feet tall.

1.png

View attachment 203869

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

I'm trying to stay on the cheap as much as possible here. There is a brick and mortar store (IOW a place I can actually walk in and buy) where I can get a Sun System HPS 150W light for around $86.00 (16,000 lumens). I just don't have $200.00 or so to lay down on a 400W HPS right now.

This same place sells 150W HPS ballast kits for a round $50.00. Your DIY cool tube may be in my future Hemp Goddess.

On another note (and this is directed to Hemp Goddess et al), in my opinion human civilization has been on a steady decline since the demise of the $10.00 4 finger lid.

Jst sayin...

Just realized reading over my sort of buzzed post last night that that picture was at 77 days.

Here are the finish shots at 133 days.

Buds all the way from the top to bottom.

P3240001.jpg

P3240006.jpg

P3240007.jpg

P3240008.jpg

P3240009.jpg

Now, that looks more like a finished Sativa.
;)

thank you for proof of LEDS . Good Work . now they can see it

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
Just bc you can see it does not mean some here will believe it.... :rolleyes:

I believe all here would agree they work, Its whether they work better thats a bit more controversial.

@JustAnotherAntMarching , thats true , and also if you believe that means you can see it at all :) If anyone is interested in LED growlights for vegetative and flowering , indoor greenhouse clones please pm me . i have the sources
thank you

Latest posts

Back