light coverage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klown

Reaction score
what kinda coverage can i get from my 600 watt and ballast im looking at 26 plants do u think that sufieint or would i need another lamp in the near future which has higher yeilds short plants or talls plants and if short how could i get my plants to stay short i wwas told to have a short 118/6 cycle for like 8 days is this right?

Hmm. Well, vegging time is very strain dependent. If you were to veg a pure sativa for one week it will be around 3 or 4 feet tall when it is ready to be harvested. With Indicas they typically will double in height when switched to 12/12 lighting... sometimes triple. Obviously the large the plant the higher the yield. But that means you must veg longer. If the veg time is less, you could get another full harvest in one year. There are lots of variables so experiment and have fun. They say to have 50W/square foot. So that said you have 12 square ft. of grow area with that light. For 26 plants... wherever you got that figure from, you may need more space if you plan on vegging for a month. Man I am baked so I hope this makes sense;)

hey i was wondering can i have a 400 aand 600 in d same room that would give me Like 1000 would i den be able to support 26 plants or should i like hold back some send for a later grow

if you have two different light wattages you will find one side gets more light than the other. Would be better to have two the same.

was just wondering cuz i got a 600wtt from my last grand i got a 400wtt from a friend my space is larger than before and i looking at more plants and neither or the 2 by them self can supply enuff light for lik 20 plants dont meant to sound dumb but what if i had the plants on a reuglary rotation so that alll the plants gets a bit of both lamps just a question trying to compramis here

klown said:
was just wondering cuz i got a 600wtt from my last grand i got a 400wtt from a friend my space is larger than before and i looking at more plants and neither or the 2 by them self can supply enuff light for lik 20 plants dont meant to sound dumb but what if i had the plants on a reuglary rotation so that alll the plants gets a bit of both lamps just a question trying to compramis here
Hey mang if that's what ya got i would go ahead and give it a try. Like ya said just keep them on a rotation. Crap we grew 24 clones a few grows ago in a small closet under one 400 watt HPS. ;)

thanks TBG think i gonna give it a go i dont realy have and alternative right now mayb later down mmy grow i my get me another 600 i gonna post some measurements of the atic later so u guys could tell me if u guys thinks its workable with my lighting alll commments willl be greatly apprecited

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Hey mang if that's what ya got i would go ahead and give it a try. Like ya said just keep them on a rotation. Crap we grew 24 clones a few grows ago in a small closet under one 400 watt HPS. ;)

You serious? Everything turned out okay with one 400? Your giving us ideas.

thanks tbg i think u were born to grow man u got the green hands but how fa u think i could go on a 600 watt lamp or should i just stick to have the both 400 and 600 in the room with rotation i was looking at 26 plants just getting my seeds germinated but then i think mayb i shoule drop to 20 for lighting issues tell me wh u think anybody esle who has imput feell free

Flowering 20 rooted "clones with little veg time, is a considerably different operation, than growing/flowering 20 plants from seed.
Plants from seed require a few weeks of veg time. More veg time/more growth/more size/more room required.
1000 watts is sufficient lighting for approximately 20-25 sq ft.

thanks hick well i think i got like about 23 feet and i am growing from seeds gonnna take u guys advice on this andveg for a couple of weeks they guy from the local shop is the one who told me bout the low veg period he said he dos bout 8 days and gets a good yeild but so far u guys never led me in the wrong direction thanks again stillll open for any commments

Latest posts

Back