light fluffy or compact bud

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viper

Reaction score
im having a debate on why some buds are fluffy and some are hard and compact . is it the strain or can light effect it , such as having too much light, sounds odd but thats what im being told by an oldtimer .

some strains are just fluffy too..

bubblegum has huge buds and very fluffy... so good... - its probbaly better for hash, hense the name ("bubble") with huge crystal covered leaves...

superwoman has these little tiny buds that feel like rock when they are fresh, and once they are cured it is even harder... amazing... very nice also, but same light, same conditions, different buds..
hope that answers your questions! :aok:

When i grew under CFL's I got fluffy buds, now under HPS I get compact buds... I grow mostly indica and I have yet to grow a strain that didnt give me compact buds...

Yeah I wld say strain can play a big factor but not enough light will make for light fluffy buds even on a strain known for compact dense ones...
That's why I usually sample the small popcorn buds while i grow...they get the least light and are fluffy...so I don't feel to bad sampling them.

thank you for your replies , it does make sense about the buds being too far away , i too sampled the lower buds of the plant and they are airy and fluffy , but the rest of the plant feels compact and hard , lol i only squeezed it once lol , dont want to disrupt anything .

compact buds are mainly a pheno of indica strains. thats just how it is.

UKgirl420 said:
i say not enough light or the to far away from the light would make them airy and fluffy :stoned:

I imagine strains do differ. However, I grew White Widow under flos and got fluffy buds that weighed nothing. This time Im growing WW with a 600 w HPS and in the seventh week of flowering, the buds are much bigger and MUCH more dense.

Lassie

Latest posts

Back