Light Mover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funkfarmer

It's growing like a WEED!
Reaction score
What do you guys think of light movers. I just aquired one, with a 6' track. I am thinking about using it in my grow room with a 1000 watt light. My bloom room is 5' by 8'.

Mine move ussualy cause somethin like squrel swingin from em. But sounds like ya has it so why nots use it ;)

BWD

Thanks BWD. I will also be using an ebb and grow 12 bucket system.

Never used one but have heard some negative things from some who have. I believe THG might have used one. Think she was not impressed. Hopefully she will chime in.

In theory it sound great light movers????? i have 3 of them tried them and lost yield.
IMO they shoud be run in between stationary lights, i have found plants stretched more even tho it takes about 1.5 mins to actually do its total cycle one side to another and back.
just remember your not going to have the same intensity as a stationary light and that alone will lose you yield

DrFever said:
In theory it sound great light movers????? i have 3 of them tried them and lost yield.
IMO they shoud be run in between stationary lights, i have found plants stretched more even tho it takes about 1.5 mins to actually do its total cycle one side to another and back.
just remember your not going to have the same intensity as a stationary light and that alone will lose you yield

Pretty much what I have heard from a few others. If I had a choice between a light mover and adding another light I would not think twice and add the additional light. jmo

I have had the same results from using a light mover. If you have enough lumens for the square footage of the grow space then moveing the lights could help to eliminate shadowing, but if you are using vented hoods or tubes, trying to get the flex hose to work properly with the system is a royal PITA (I'm speaking from hair-pulling experience). I agree with Hammey, just get another light and have them static. Sorry to give negative review since you have already bought it. :)

I am planning on using an adjust-a-wing reflector, and i have a portable air conditioner if the temp gets out of control.

I'm with Dr. Fever. I have used them and did not like the results. I have 2 just sitting around. I probably should sell them as I never will use them again.

could one those be made to work Vertical?

Im a thinking again:D

4u2sm0ke said:
could one those be made to work Vertical?

Im a thinking again:D
you thinking of standing straight up n down ????
it would for a while but i think it would burn out in time pending on weight of attachments would be working hard that lil motor :D

Latest posts

Back