What is your idea of the perfect grow tent?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at my thread "inexpensive trimmer" where I tried on a lark, the Infinity model. With a little adjusting and correct turning, it did a way better job than I ever imagined. This was with wet buds. Still may need a little touch up. Big time saver for me. For the most stupendous bag appeal, dry with putes method and hand trim.

Bubba
I'm not worried about bag appeal. I'm not selling it to anyone. 👍 but it sounds like I may need to give the AC Infinity trimmer a try. I am all about streamlining and simplifying my grow.

I am thinking I will start saving my top buds for smoking and toss all my bottoms in the freezer to make bubble hash with. Then I'm going to look for a way to use the bubble hash in cooking... Make some butter or infused oil with it....

My basement is about 1100sf... But over half of that is being converted into man cave soon. 😅
What do you mean by bottoms?

I'm not worried about bag appeal. I'm not selling it to anyone. 👍 but it sounds like I may need to give the AC Infinity trimmer a try. I am all about streamlining and simplifying my grow.
Yes, I wondered, but figured it would clog up, not do pop corn or larfy stuff. Wrong, does it fine. Like you, I do this for me and a few lucky friends, so bag appeal is not my number one concern. Sometimes the buds are beyond stunning and I might hand trim the best just for the top shelf effect.

Bubba

What ever is not on top
A bottom like you like to be
Well, if he means bottom buds, I get it. But fans and leaves are a big bubble mistake in my book. Dont see throwing in a ton of material that you are filtering out, right? Why, just for a few more lesser quality crystals? Whether bubble or sift, I start with high quality (buds and best sugar leaf) to get clear.

On the other hand, when I make dark Afghani style hash, I do start with bubble. I use a small washing machine and bubble bags. I set up 2 five gallon buckets each with a set of bags in them. First run, 6 minutes. Then Ice and cold water as needed and run 12 minutes for the second bucket. Keep them separate.

I mix just enough of the 12 minute stuff ( which contains more non crystal material ) with the bulk of the six minute stuff, until it kneads into the proper consistency. Not too stickey, not to dry, or it gets crumbly and waxy.
Let those long thin ropes you rolled it into dry on a saucer, plate whatever that you can get it off of. When dry enough to knead like dough do so until throughly mixed. I put it in an empty small jar rosin came in from dispensary, let it cure like pot in a mason jar, until dry enough not to mold.

In this case the extra non crystal material may be good to have. But if you want top grade clear bubble....

Bubba

1692458972165.png

This is my 2x4 tent with four plants in 7 gallon tall pots with a scrog net. I just turned them to flower yesterday. With luck and good genetics, I harvest around a pound each grow cycle. My other tent has younger plants in veg.
View attachment 337943
I am new but I am about to start my first photo run I have four sugar belt x purp hiasca and 4 blue moonshine x blue indica the best three females I get and one male is going in the next run my autos are not intriguing me as much I can't get them big enough before flower but my first run amazing smoke I'll post something really soon this is what I needed to know perfect for me thanks subby

I am new but I am about to start my first photo run I have four sugar belt x purp hiasca and 4 blue moonshine x blue indica the best three females I get and one male is going in the next run my autos are not intriguing me as much I can't get them big enough before flower but my first run amazing smoke I'll post something really soon this is what I needed to know perfect for me thanks subby
I hope you will post your grow so I can follow along. Sounds like an interesting lineup. This is a picture from last Saturday of the same tent. As you can see running different strains, they sometimes grow different heights. The plant on the left has nice buds stacking but could use a booster chair next to those middle plants. They all are getting good light and have finished their stretching phase and are starting to stack up. Remember there are only 4 plants in this 2x4 and it pretty much fills it up.
IMG_8896.jpeg

I’ve done a couple of auto tent grows with good luck thanks to our auto guy Carty who has a great page on autos that will keep you reading for hours following his sweet grows. I do like my photo grows tho and have been very fortunate to have been able to grow some great genetics and have been spoiled my last few grows with top shelf weed.
the best of luck with your grow. And post it up in a grow journal so we can watch too.

I'm about to spend money on grow tents for my 4 plant limit and trying to decide between 2 separate grow tents (1 3x3 for flowering 3 plants at a time) and another 2x2 shorter tent for keeping the mother plant and clones or if I should go with a 4x3 2-in-1 tent which has a 3x3 section for flowering adjacent to 1x3 section for keeping the mother plant and other clones. They look convenient but I'm worried about the light leak through the internal separator between the flowering and vegetation sections.

1695089444217.png

Ok so I am talking for the home grower who is just growing for themselves and maybe to share a little with friends and family, what do you think is the perfect tent and light combination? I used to have a 4x4 and I now have strong opinions about a grow tent. I think a 4x4 is too big for the way I grow. I think a 2x4 or a 3x3 is the perfect size tent and I like the idea of 2 small lights in a 2x4 and a small bar style light in a 3x3. I just feel the plants in the back of a 4x4 or 5x5 don't get the attention they should because they are difficult to access. What do you guys like?
The perfect grow tent is durable, lightproof, reflective, easy setup, ventilation, pest resistant, accessible and use reputable brand.
2x4 is ok

Latest posts

Back