Light Question HPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzywhitelufc

Reaction score
Hi All, I have just bought a 150watt Ballast and HPS Bulb/Light.
My Questions are!!
The cable from the ballast to the ceramic connector is only about a foot long, can I extend the cable as I dont want the ballast in the Cab.
When my light cycle is 12/12 does it harm the bulb and ballast when turning off and on.
Thanks

Ozzy.

Hi jackson. The make on the ballast is Hacel.
Update on the Question. I have extended the cable from ballast to the bulb and its working OK but will I harm the operation of the Gear?

Cheers

Ozzy

No. I have high bay light that I converted 3 yrs ago that still work fine. Just be sure the wire you used can handle the electric load. If the wire is warm or hot you need to use a bigger gauge wire.

ozzywhitelufc said:
Hi jackson. The make on the ballast is Hacel.
Update on the Question. I have extended the cable from ballast to the bulb and its working OK but will I harm the operation of the Gear?

Cheers

Ozzy
There's no gear...If you open the ballast you'll see it's just 3 parts.The heavy part that creates all the heat is the transformer. Then tied to the side is a capacitor and a ignitor. That;s it and when they stop working they are easy to replace the part that has stopped working...MH lights are even easier as they have no ignitor.

Thanx Tester, Me and electrics dont get on!! Even managed to get a belt when the thing had just been unplugged!! whats going on there!!

Ozzys Rule!!

Latest posts

Back