lighting Question!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamexican686

Reaction score
I currently have some plants growing faster than others. I am using a dutch bucket system, so i cant level out the canopy really. I currently have three plants close to the lihts, while the others are further behind as well as further from the light. Three are about 8 inches from the light. Is there i can do besides bending the plants. Will moving the light up lose yield to the smaller plants?

Im nut sure what a dutch bucket is but can you stack books or something under the pots of the smaller plants to make them higher?

I do like maine said...I use cd cases and stack them to the desired height under the pots....

jamexican686 said:
I currently have some plants growing faster than others. I am using a dutch bucket system, so i cant level out the canopy really. I currently have three plants close to the lihts, while the others are further behind as well as further from the light. Three are about 8 inches from the light. Is there i can do besides bending the plants. Will moving the light up lose yield to the smaller plants?

Are you in flowering? If you are still in veg, you can do some lst, supercropping, or topping. If you are in flowering, you can very gently bend them over. This is one of the reasons that I use individual buckets for my grows.

Yes, the light being further away from the smaller plants will affect their yield.

Latest posts

Back