Lights on 24/7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krazeydays

Reaction score
I've been running my lights 24/7, using Co2 1500 ppm.
is there any reason i should give my ladies time to rest.
cant see any stress due to over exposer to light.
I know it would save me a dollar or two but not concerned bout that.
so is there any adverse affects with me running lights day in day out.
just trying to speed up the process . :)

No adverse effects. Lots of people run 24/7 in veg.
When I tried it, I didn't notice any difference in growth.

I run my lights 24/7 during veg with no adverse effects. IMO running lights 24/7 reduces distance between nodes(stretch) and reduces the time that is required for a good veg growth, where as 18/6,and ect increases your veg time to acquire the same in veg growth thus not saving you any money just increasing the weeks that they will be on.

I used to run 18/6 because I was under the impression that the plant needed a rest period to produce sugars and what not. I have since learned that there is no proof of this and have switched to 24 hrs a day lighting. I have noticed that my plants nodal spaceing is much closer, meaning less stretch.

Thanks guys, I was thinking the same thing. Haven't had a problem just wondering if any one knew of any problems I might would run into. IMO only prob someone would have would be a nute DEF. I know using co2 with the lights i will be feeding a great deal along with plenty of water.

i never tried 18/6 never bothered buying another timer :)

I do 20/4 in veg just to save a few bucks and haven't noticed any difference from when I was giving them 24 hours straight. If cash wasn't an issue for me I'd have left them without a timer.

legalize_freedom said:
How are you using the c02?

:confused: not sure of the question asked. Im using a Hydrogen pro water cooled hooked up too my plug n grow co2 sensor at 1500 ppm .

Thanks that's what I meant...I didn't know your experience level, and just wanted to make sure that you were not trying to get c02 from a fermentation process or something not measurable like that....basically didn't want to see you wasteing your time...lol

thanks for the concern legalize. Not the most experienced grower for sure but would not waste my time on one of those DIY setups .
must say had some troubles dialing every thing in , wasted a bottle of gas in process .
temps steady at 92. F
RH 40%
9500 lumens sq. ft.
Co2 at 1500 ppm.

How about some pictures? I would like to see your grow blasting that many lumens with CO2.

legalize_freedom said:
Thanks that's what I meant...I didn't know your experience level, and just wanted to make sure that you were not trying to get c02 from a fermentation process or something not measurable like that....basically didn't want to see you wasteing your time...lol

LF-I considered doing that. Bad idea?

I'd like to see some pics too wow

yeah stinky, if you don't go with a proffesional set-up either the c02 tank, or burner, with proper hardware to measure ppm's, and distribution system, your basically wasteing your time and money.

sorry no pics at the moment, I have a camera but no usb cord and chip wont fit my comp.
i hope to soon, would be nice to be able to show pic of plants in case i have a problem.
plants are still some what young still and are somewhat short in stature but real compact
this is more or less a trial run. could not order seeds at time so im trying some bag seed to see how things go. these are known strains not some old dirt brick weed so at least i know what im working with. i just hope i dont see hermes with the ladies but i'll see. will post pics soon.

primitive said:
I do 20/4 in veg just to save a few bucks and haven't noticed any difference from when I was giving them 24 hours straight. If cash wasn't an issue for me I'd have left them without a timer.

This is basically what I do, but I do 20/4 for heat issues. The hottest 4 hours of the day, the light is off.

Krazeydays said:
sorry no pics at the moment, I have a camera but no usb cord and chip wont fit my comp.
i hope to soon, would be nice to be able to show pic of plants in case i have a problem.
plants are still some what young still and are somewhat short in stature but real compact
this is more or less a trial run. could not order seeds at time so im trying some bag seed to see how things go. these are known strains not some old dirt brick weed so at least i know what im working with. i just hope i dont see hermes with the ladies but i'll see. will post pics soon.

I would be keeping a real good eye out for hermies.

Latest posts

Back