lights out water or not

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddog

Reaction score
ok i have been veging for about 7 weeks and i am going to 12/12 tomorrow morning . i have been watering every other hour 24/7. but it seems like i have read in some threads that u should not water when the lights are off or should i slow it down with the watering some

I am assuming soil grow and how big are the pots? How much water are you giving each, do you have it measured out?

no no ebb & flow bucket system with hydroton medium in 6 inch net pots. suppined over 10 inch buckets . going 12/12 & 12 hours with no water seems like a long time.

i never heard of not watering when the lights are off...i water the outside girls after dark it seems to werk fine. i must not be understanding the ? sorry.

There is no real need to water during lights out except to keep your roots moist.... your plants will not use nutes during sleep hours and 12 hours no water is not a bad thing unless you are in a super dry area.... I am growing DWC now so my roots are always wet, but when I used a dripper system, I did one short watering half way through my dark cycle just for moistness.

CasualGrower said:
There is no real need to water during lights out except to keep your roots moist.... your plants will not use nutes during sleep hours and 12 hours no water is not a bad thing unless you are in a super dry area..

I agree with this advice,
by watering at night you run the risk of overwatering and causing pyhtium and then secondly this will provide the perfect envoirment for fungus gnats.

I personally would keep the same water schedule you are using now.

your plants will drink a lot of water at night when you go into the 12/12 period from my expereince.

you will notice your ppm going up as the water goes down, it's important to keep the water coming so the nuit levels dont spike up as the water goes down.

good luck with your grow!

i have a timer... every 6 hours, feed for 2 hours

id go with ilbb opinion esp using clay pebbles in net pots as these can dry out fast if temps are high or the plants are big which im sure they will be being 7 weeks vegging.

pkj

You can continue watering like you have been but its not that effective for when the lights go off the plants cannot produce any chlyrophor ( too much smoking cant spell) it is important to have your timers set so that when the lights do come back on they are givin water within the first 30 mins

Latest posts

Back