LilDads Lil Grow 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilDad

Reaction score
Getting back in the saddle prepping for April!

Got some Night Owl seeds this year (much better than Growers Choice). It’s the “Pre 98 Episode 1” Autoflower.

I gravitated to it because it’s indica heavy (70/30 indica/sativa), has a good mold resistance, and is very fast (to dodge the “dog days” in August).

I have three seeds, so I’ll take a crack at 3 plants. I still have MORE than enough weed from this past years grow, so worst case scenario: I smoke last years weed for another year!

I’ll post as we get closer to April!

That tracks.

Smoked some of my neighbors Northern Lights tonight, and it gets me excited about growing this summer! I’ve been reading reviews/journals on these seeds, and it looks like some great stuff!
I have not heard of Night owl seeds but Northern lights is one of my favorite strains. Fire weed great for pain

They may be great. I've never seen them but I'm not really into autos. They say they started in 2014. Ten years breeding and they have 97 strains. Keeping 25 going and trying to improve them takes a lot of work. I have a feeling they use others seeds cross them with a ruedrellas and call it their own. It's just hard for me to take a company serious with 100 strains for sale. That's just my opinion. I hope you have great luck with them. Happy grow lil dad.

Tonight I’m beginning the germ!

The hope is to get them in the ground Friday morning. We have a big rain on Thursday, so I figure a 12-hour soak and then two days in the paper towels should be good!

We’ll be rain free for a week, so good conditions for growing (and fishing)!

Soil: Coast of Maine
The guy at the grow shop said I wouldn’t need to use nutes (I have the fox farm product line) until they were blooming. This soil is supposed to be very nutrient rich. Thoughts?

Fabric pots, three plants this summer!

Last edited:
Thanks! She’s been generally kind the past two summers, but I know that she’s a fickle minx. Luckily, since I’m such a lightweight, I’m easy to please!

After a 14 hour soak and 24 hours in the paper towel, they’re making moves! It doesn’t look like I’ll get them into the ground on Friday like I had hoped, but maybe the next 24 hours brings along some more progress!

I tend to put mine in when the tail is at about half an inch, but some of y’all let the tails get REALLY long. What’s the advantage of that? I’m here to learn!

Attachments

• IMG_2016.jpeg
    IMG_2016.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Man, they blew up during the day today! Got to about a fingernail length, so popped them into some lightly moistened soil and they’re off!!!

I don’t want to move the pots around a lot since they were just buried. I have them in a separate office, so I figured I’d keep them there until they shed their seed cap. My understanding is that they won’t need sun until they’ve take off their lil hats. Is that correct?

Last edited:
After a 14 hour soak and 24 hours in the paper towel, they’re making moves! It doesn’t look like I’ll get them into the ground on Friday like I had hoped, but maybe the next 24 hours brings along some more progress!

I tend to put mine in when the tail is at about half an inch, but some of y’all let the tails get REALLY long. What’s the advantage of that? I’m here to learn!
I don't let the tails get long. Made that mistake once and snapped one off while planting. Snapped tap root = dead seed.

You can plant the tap root deeper if it is longer. Just need to be careful sometimes they burrow into the paper towel. I have started using napkins the layers are thinner and so the root stays. Maybe because there are more layers I don't really know. I know that since I have been letting the tails get longer the plants grow better. I also have less failures that way.

Try it once to see for yourself. Just let one get long. Do s side by side and see what works for you. You need to do what you are comfortable with. There are a lot of different ways of doing things. Find out what works best fir you then run with it.

I’m a dummy.

Put them out today for sun and domes them under a plastic cup and fried one of them. I got these two indoors now. Do you think I should bin the whole bit and start over?

Attachments

• IMG_2020.jpeg
    IMG_2020.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2019.jpeg
    IMG_2019.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back