Little kids are soooo smart!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyFrog420

Reaction score
Well, if you have any little ones you might know the Channel called Noggin! It has show on 24/7 for pre-school aged children..

anyways, my 2 year old daughter (will be 3 in December) is watching a show named "Ni Hoa, Kia Lan" which teaches some Chinese.. She is saying everything correctly in Chinese!!

It is amazing how well little ones pick up these things soooo quickly! AMAZING!!!!

sorry, had to brag haha

Congrats on the genius child Hoppy! You deserve the brag.

They say the best time to learn multiple languages is before the age of 5. Keep her at it- there are a lot of Chinese speaking people in the world.

Thanks BB, I just hop she keeps it up.. My first language was Korean because my parents were in the Army and I grew up in Korea.. But since moving to the states when I was 9 I have lost the language.. such a shame!

Same thing happened to my daughter but with Dora... (No, Dora doesn't speak Chinese...:p )

same with my niece nvthis she was saying si instead of yes when she first learned to talk adults are slow and it took us about a month to figure out she was speaking spanish..but we werent expecting it. lol

Hoppy that is great it sounds like your dd is a brainy sponge for info! kids are so awesome.

Dung Flung Doh Ma Flang dang ching chong flew duc at chew ! ( English ) = That is really good hoppyfrog that your daughter can speak chinese this will be a very useful language for her to know as she gets older ! I myself have worked with many chinese during my life . And they have been kind enough to teach me how to spell and speak their language ! Although if i was working and living in china i would be kind enough to teach them how to speak english if they asked why i spoke a different language in their country ! Peace and All the best !

Until you get deported, explain that your American, call home to prove it, and your kid answers, "Ching, Chong, Dang nit ho dat yo" and then you end up in Pakistan sewing soccerballs.

youtube.com/watch?v=wBfHXX3eDoc&feature=PlayList&p=613BF0EB6DCF64A4&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=16[/url]

:rofl:

:srsly

I miss the Thanks button-
Funny stuff guys (and gals).

purplephazes said:
Dung Flung Doh Ma Flang dang ching chong flew duc at chew ! quote]

My husband does that! He does it so much that she mimics him! He also is teaching her some karate moves and so when she does the "hi ya!" she also rants out the mumble jumbo along with it!! haha

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

nvthis said:
Same thing happened to my daughter but with Dora... (No, Dora doesn't speak Chinese...:p )

Same here with my son...took him to mexican and he started talking to the girl in spanish...i'm sittin there feeling like a dummy :p

Excellent kid you got there Hoppy....
fun thread too....

My daughter is 7 now and she first started learning to speak spanish when she was 2 from watching Dora... She used to talk to me all the time in spanish and get frusterated at me cause I couldnt understand her.. lol
Now she speeks fluent German, French, Spanish, and Russian.... I cant believe how smart my lil princess is ! makes daddy feel like a dum dum !

yeah my six yr old loved dora to ,,,starting talking to me in spanish i didnt have a clue ......also she has just discovered that chores = money ,,,dam imy purse is empting so fast ,,and i still need to complete the chores :rofl:

Ur tellin me... I dont think im ever gonna be able to retire now ;) my problem is I can never tell her no ! she knows how to persuade the old man better than her mother these days.... smart lil cookie :D

UKgirl420 said:
yeah my six yr old loved dora to ,,,starting talking to me in spanish i didnt have a clue ......also she has just discovered that chores = money ,,,dam imy purse is empting so fast ,,and i still need to complete the chores :rofl:

LOL Xbox 360 is a privelage here. granted by doin what I say :p He's 7 now so still got that angle to use for a while LOL
but when he works in the shop with me (sweep the floor and such) he gets paid. ;)
Way i figured it is i never got paid for chores why should he. LOL

Haha my 9 yr old step son ....His buddies got a P.S 2 so he needed one , Then his buds got an Xbox 360 so he needed one ! Then the P.S portable ..Then the Tendo DS and ...Now its wii and PS 3 . So i've convinced him that now its EBAY to sell the rest to get the best ! He is'nt so keen now... lmao ! Take care !

lovely stories everyone!! IM SCARED!! haha

We are trying to potty train her now and man this is all im doing! :hairpull: :hairpull:

my coin collection is going pretty quick because she gets to put "monies" in the "potty bank" every time she uses the potty.. it gets sooo frustrating though because she is fully aware of what she is capable of doing and she will tell us more times than not that she wants to pee-pee in her panty!!

Yesterday she decided to un-dress herself (pull-up and all!) and run around saying "naked baby! naked baby!" and I played along and told her as long as she doesn't pee pee on the floor we'll be ok.. yeah that last about an hour before she looked at me and peed everywhere!!

Oh the joys of parenthood, am i crazy for wanting another one!?!?!?!

Latest posts

Back