Long Flower Time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxxeaglepilot

Reaction score
I have three big (4ft high) bushy, beautyful thai-Skunk cross girls.They have been in flower for 15 or so weeks. The buds began fast and Everywhere. They were the best yet... But...Since then Iv flowered 8 cali.skunk,several cuttings later the Thai-Skunk is still in half bud. What could I be missing to finish the flower. Im running a 400 W. HPS.Started at 14 on 10 off. now am at 11 on 13 off. Its on a sky track. 2 minuters per pass. What next pretend snow for them to get the hint??? Any help Im drueling every time I smell them> :confused: Thanks:confused:

Try putting them on 12/12 that might speed things up! I do no that Thai sativa take along time but thats crazy!

Phatpharmer

They've been in flower for 15 or so weeks?! You sure they have'nt gone back into veg!? 15 or so weeks sounds like a very long time for a flower cycle. I've personally never carried plants past ten weeks. WOW. :holysheep:

I don't know how long you ran them at 14/10, but your plant probably did not start flowering under this light regime--IMO, they were probably still vegging. You should probably count your start of flowering from the time you put them into 11/13.

I also recommend a 12/12 light schedule.

Sounds like the thai is showing itself in your cross ;)
not uncommon for sat doms to go long, couple of strains heard tell 20 weeks + on some of em :eek:
Sometimes you may have to increase the dark a lil to get em to finish up. ;) Some sativas won't finish up right under 12/12 Have to look at the origin the plant came from to understand beter what enviro they prefer ;)
Patience is key when growing sat doms and sats. :cool:

My Juicy Fruit x C99 is about a 16 weeker, C99 F3 i am runnig gonna be about 15-16 weeks. Juicy Fruit x Champagne was at least 16 weeks.
Be honest most times i don't even count how long they were in flower after doing my first run i just watch them trichs. Owise drive myself insane waiting on em.

but like hemp goddess mentioned 14/10 might not have ben enough to triger flower. Most equitorial strains hate 24/0 and 18/6 becuase they just don't get that much light from there origin. A lot of 100% sat growers have to use different light schedules than what you see online a lot to get em right. Can you post a pic up?

Anything equatorial has the potential to go 20+, some even longer pushing 30.

Don't expect your dealer or seedbank to have seed though. :rolleyes: And yes, they are worth it. :hubba:

Interesting info Mutt and Elephant Man. Thank you.

XXXEaglePilot:
Sounds like you've got something special there. Can you share any pics?

Picts. coming in a couple of days. Thanks for any and all help. Happy daze ahead!

Latest posts

Back