Looking for a simple 24" Fluro tube ballasts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

st00ner

Reaction score
Well I am looking for some of these but I am not exactly sure where to find em... looked on the internet but it was all to expensive.

My wife needs em for her micro grow....

I want them to be really easy to use, just plug em in and they work, with a maybe very small reflector.

Anyone got any ideas? This is for a micro grow. I dont want to use CFL's because they are to concentrated of light, I need it spread to all parts of the plants.

Suggestions anyone? :D

Most times i find the replacement ballasts cost just as much as the fixture and bulb. I'd just go to wal-mart and pick up a couple of fixtures and gut em and make em work.
Can find em online for 15-20 bucks for a T5 2 tube setup.

Mutt said:
Most times i find the replacement ballasts cost just as much as the fixture and bulb. I'd just go to wal-mart and pick up a couple of fixtures and gut em and make em work.
Can find em online for 15-20 bucks for a T5 2 tube setup.

I cant find the 24" ones even at super walmart... seems they only have the 48" ones (I use them for my grow)

Any other stores I should try?

I really do not want to use CFL's.... They just dont spread light enough :hairpull:

That's a fairly common Aquarium size, maybe a cheap aquarium light fixture would do the trick.

seen a 24" 2-tube undercab T5 at k-mart for 19.95 ;)

Can you find them a little high wattage ? You can overdrive the flouros if you want, it shortens the lifespan some but also increases the brightness.

I was taking a 2 tube ballast and wiring it into a single bulb for more increased lighting so I would say you could double the wattage OK but after that who knows.

I am experimenter also, are you ?

Latest posts

Back