Looking For Help On Lowryder Growing Outdoors!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sillysara

Reaction score
I PLAN ON GROWING 3O LOWRYDER2 AT THE END OF THIS MONTH..the location is bog land unfortunetly // if i was to use a big pot or tub and dig a hole with drainage and place the tub pots in the holes for insalation so the the medium wont dry out, i was thinkin i cud use a large tub and plant the seedlings in 6'' pots with the bottoms cut off so the plants would kinda stay seprate from each other....dont know if thats the best way to go just my hunch which is not great :) has anybody grown 20+ llr2 outsid before ..looking for ideas..dont want to do the wrong thing..// if u had a location and u wanted to grow 30+ plants in pots or tubs togather or not togather, what method would u go with...? coz i have'nt got a clue..any info even the smallest it will help me thanks..p.s i can go to this location twice a week with out bring heat on my selfss

i have 24 lowryder hybreds in 3 gal. pots i only did this so when they did their flowering i could move a coulple males and females away from the others so i can do a seed run. from what i have read 3 gal. is that size of pots, also it is best to germ those seeds by soaking for 24 hours then precracking them.. if you go to dutchbreed.com and click on their forum button the is a post that explaines how the precracking works... i had 100% germ rate after precracking then in to the paper towel way, 8 hours later.
good luck.

I HOPIN THAT i cud make some sort of a bed in a large tub and then put the 3ltre pots into the bed and the bottoms of the pots will be removed..the thing is i cant tend all the time to water them.. i was thinkin of makin a large bed of soil and then plant them in there with 12'' separation and they shud only need water'n once a week..3 ltre pots sounds right man thats if i would have 2 water it daily but as i said i cant i think its all about design'n some sort of bed dont mind a bit of diggin let us no of any ideas :)

not really sure what to say... but what i understand is for you can only water 1 time a week and you are trying to make it so you only have to water once... by using big tubs... the way you are thing i would think would work but if you day temps get to high you may have to water twice a week... i have a difrernt grow that is right in the ground. and i only water once a week and that is to feed them... you have this post in the grow room section i would repost in the outdoor forum and join some other forums like rollitup.org or mjp.com that way i get you question out to that many more people..
be safe and good luck
darin

lol the hottest it will get wher im at is 25.c and the average is 20.c not to hot..so was thinking if i make a bed 3 foot down 15 ft sqaure..lay dwn plastic first beneth the bed add 6'' gravel then fill the 15 ft area with soil over the gravel then plant in pots with the bottoms cut off so they be free to rome more# the roots..dont know if im makin any sense just hopin to get the plan right...anyways thanks on ur input darwin....

I think I am following you... Similar to a root barrier for a tree.

Why wouldn't it work? The only problem I see is: How to go about getting them out, when its time to move them. By the time they show sex, the roots will have passed the root barrier.

Now: If the root barrier was say, 2"-2.5" deep.... That would make for an easy extraction...?? At least I think it would. As long as they aren't searching to hard for water.

Try making some containers out of pliable plastic or vinyl. They sell those materials in rolls, you would be able to pick the roll you needed by width, then get enough to make said containers.

I could be entirely wrong here. But I think you are on to something.

****AFTER THOUGHT****

I have never grown LR or LR2's... I dont know alot about how they grow. This just seems to make since, because I can fit it into grows I have done.

Input / Advice welcome.

Lowryders can grow to full maturity in a 3 gal pot, no need to remove the bottoms, If you can only go and water them once a week grow them in containers with no holes in the bottoms, but drainage holes are needed obviously, so make your own holes in the container 1 inch up from the bottom of the pot, any excess water will drain from those holes and the lower section with no holes in the bottom acts like a reserve reservoir until your next visit ;)

Do not plant all your plants together, they are easily spotted from the air :)

well i have done somthing simaler too this befor in the past but we wernt growing lowryders so should be much easier we grew our plants in 5 gallon buckets out on this little reef island that was made mostly from sand and muck but anyways our plants did really well out ther and we probley only checked on them bout ounce a week or so too water and what not but did i forget to mention that i live in florida so rain is a plenty down here so hope this helps some.

keep smoking:ccc:

thanks guys!!great pointers - cali hippynengland and risktaker its very helpfull ..well i got the seeds today 50 fem llr2 ,half of them in germ right now!! il probley get 3 large containers will drill hole's 1 inch above the bottom of the containers then fill with 6 inchs gravel then add soil perlite vermiculite sand..looking forward to this 1..if u think of any small details about growing llr2 outside let me know ..cheers..

23 out of 25 seeds came bck shud be under lights thursday..ill probley go with my last post as a plan but im just making sure,.
i know this topic is tricky 1..so il ask a forward question .. if u wer to grow 50 llr2 in a bog and the only option u have is to grow out of some sort of container's...what would u do??
its a hard 1 to figure out,,but ill just leave it out der see what happens..thanks SS

sillysara said:
thanks guys!!great pointers - cali hippynengland and risktaker its very helpfull ..well i got the seeds today 50 fem llr2 ,half of them in germ right now!! il probley get 3 large containers will drill hole's 1 inch above the bottom of the containers then fill with 6 inchs gravel then add soil perlite vermiculite sand..looking forward to this 1..if u think of any small details about growing llr2 outside let me know ..cheers..

23 out of 25 seeds came bck shud be under lights thursday..ill probley go with my last post as a plan but im just making sure,.
i know this topic is tricky 1..so il ask a forward question .. if u wer to grow 50 llr2 in a bog and the only option u have is to grow out of some sort of container's...what would u do??
its a hard 1 to figure out,,but ill just leave it out der see what happens..thanks SS

sorry guys im stoned ,,i messed up i edited a post instead of posting a new 1..the first section of the post was 4 days ago and the last part is the recent 1 ..

ill left it out wrong that time i hope i havnt confused you lol

I'm growing LR2s in a bog-like area right now... A few inches of soil on top of the wetlands and the roots are growing right down into the water. The soil is wet all of the time, but is with oxygenated water. This is no maintenance growing with very high results... So far anyways.

hi baby girl i just got ur message ,(sorry so late havent been here lately) my advice to you is if u wll grow them in 3ltr pots they will be very small (3ltr its no even a gallon :( ) get 2 gallon grow bags or 5liter is good also make holes in the ground and put them in they come with like 4 little holes on the bottom and that is more then good roots if need to will go down and water will stay in. as far as watering goes hmmmm that is caind of tricky question couse LR dont absorb a lot of water any ways (dont forget where they come from) but temp is ur main problem if it stay in 20 C u dont got no problem , once a week is good (nutrient feed that is ) but if tem goes over 25 at leas one a week u got to water every 5 days. i dod symilar grow to that way back with 70 plants in the middle of nowere and it work got a lot of weed (which i give away to friends :) ) so good luck on that and keep as posted pic would be nice ,any question u know how to get me .

Latest posts

Back