looking rusty?!?!?! please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

85cannabliss

HERB SMOKER
Reaction score
we have an afghan that stands at 12", we are 17 days into bud. we are growing in a freezer using 6 20w CFLs, in soil using IONIC BLOOM at full strength. temps are staying between 25/28C.

we have noticed the leaves are getting brown from the inside of the leaves outwards. it looks like rust, ive posted up pics.

does anyone know what this could be??

thanks for the help 85C

sick1.jpg

sick2.jpg

85cannabliss said:
we have an afghan that stands at 12", we are 17 days into bud. we are growing in a freezer using 6 20w CFLs, in soil using IONIC BLOOM at full strength. temps are staying between 25/28C.

we have noticed the leaves are getting brown from the inside of the leaves outwards. it looks like rust, ive posted up pics.

does anyone know what this could be??

thanks for the help 85C

well... I don't have any kind of a horticulturalists degree or something like that... but I'd say u've got "rust". I've had that, and I used Funginex* - on the advice of my partner, and that got rid of my problem.

however, I was in veg stage, not flowering... I wouldn't use it in the flowering stage.

rusty leaves is that a usuall thing?

tom-tom said:
rusty leaves is that a usuall thing?

my buddy told me the rust is a disease.

and the Funginex is a disease control/killer

when u mix it up as per directions, it smells totally cool... like almonds... lol... but I don't think one should be breathing that stuff in....

yes rust is disease it can be pass thru water, which means it can contaminate other plants, it is hard to get rid of in gardens centers so im sure it will be hard to conquer, do notice any difference in the buds?

if it is rust it has nothing to do with the nutes

the crazy vg is rite about using a fungicide butim sure if u really want to do that while flowering thats y i ask if the buds seem any different to u

ok... here is what I suggest... if you were mearly vegging, you would spray down your entire crop top and under leaves.

but if you are flowering and you think you must apply the fungicide, do not spray the plant (you don't want to get this stuff on what u r going to smoke)... instead, I would take... like... cotton balls saturated with the medicine and wipe down the fan leaves of the plant (top and bottom).

maybe someone else here can tell you if this is a good idea or not....

could work cotton ball mb a qtip or say **** it if its not harming the bud from u can see let her keep goin a see if it gets worse, you mite have to cut her fan leaves off or harvest early, do u use tap water?

ya... just prune the infected leaves and see if it develops again... if it does, then try the method I suggested.

I don't have any pictures, but the same thing is happening to me.

thanks for the help guys, my local grow shop should have Funginex, right? its very early into flowering, and i could get away with putting this on the leaves.

about cutting off the fan leaves?? quite a few of them have the rusting on them, so i dont think that is a good idea. we may get rid of this plant so not to spread to the other 2, healthier plants.

thanks again 85C

Latest posts

Back