Looking to clone plants after harvest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joseph Fontaine

Give everything your best shot.....
Reaction score
Can I clone plants afterthwre harvested? Say reveg them then clone them. Any input pics experience lmk thanks guys n gals .

It can be done i had to do it once to preserve the genetics. I only left a few lower branches and sone lower buds and after a long wait shoots started popping out of the bud sites and i took those as clones. If you can purchase seeds it would be much faster though. Revegging then cloning takes a long tome.

It can be done i had to do it once to preserve the genetics. I only left a few lower branches and sone lower buds and after a long wait shoots started popping out of the bud sites and i took those as clones. If you can purchase seeds it would be much faster though. Revegging then cloning takes a long tome.
Yea I was thinking g of cloning my plants after they are harvested but I may just reveal them and put them in the ground outdoors top them a few times idk well see I'll post once it's all said and done

IT would help to give them light when its dark to trigger revegging. Also use vegging nutes high N ratio.

Can I clone plants afterthwre harvested? Say reveg them then clone them. Any input pics experience lmk thanks guys n gals .
Sure can. Just did it with a Apple Fritter because the bud was so good and she survived the initial harvest.

Revegging then cloning takes a long tome.
Its not that bad. I can already pull clones off mine if i really needed them. Giving it a little more time so not to stress her too much yet.

Ya can clone her anytime in her life cycle. I always harvest clones at 21days into flower. The ones in the pots were taken at 21days. These below were taken at 8 weeks. It takes about two weeks to get roots. So these will be a little behind the others. You can just leave her in the pot at harvest with some bud attached and flip to veg hours n food. These are some I've got going for a second run with the plants I liked in the last grow. They're getting really bushy and unruly..lol.
IMG_20240430_113744182.jpg
IMG_20240422_184839986.jpg
IMG_20240420_090345986.jpg
IMG_20240510_134829539.jpg
IMG_20240507_140520415.jpg
IMG_20240510_134914825.jpg

Ya can clone her anytime in her life cycle. I always harvest clones at 21days into flower. The ones in the pots were taken at 21days. These below were taken at 8 weeks. It takes about two weeks to get roots. So these will be a little behind the others. You can just leave her in the pot at harvest with some bud attached and flip to veg hours n food. These are some I've got going for a second run with the plants I liked in the last grow. They're getting really bushy and unruly..lol.
View attachment 356489View attachment 356485View attachment 356486View attachment 356487View attachment 356488View attachment 356490

How long does it take the cutting to reveg after it roots?
I knew it was possible to do this, just never messed with it because of the extra time involved.
I am kinda wanting to try the monster crop thing though, so I might just go ahead and take a cutting from something in the flower tent later today and see how it goes.
I am gonna be cloning pretty steady for the next few weeks anyway, so I may as well throw a flowered cutting in there and let it ride along.

These were taken the end of March. I put them in 1gal pots 4/15. Takes a week or so and the bud will unravel poking up a main stem. I fold that main all the way over.

Now this may go a bit faster had I used some good light. But I needed these to be slow because I had no room for them. I kept them under dim light for a long while. Typically a clone taken at 21days will root and be well into veg by the time one harvests it's mama. I don't plan on starting these into flower until after the first. But that depends on how well they respond to the larger lamps. I predict they will blow up. I'm seeing some pretty vigorous growth since the reveg.
I'm just going to keep training them outwards and see what I get. Can't run that Scrog yet so I'll improvise a lil.

View attachment 356489View attachment 356485View attachment 356486View attachment 356487View attachment 356488View attachment 356490
This is exactly what I want to do but wow check out the vigorous growth and the crazy amount of shoots nice job

Many folks don't take the time to do flowering clones. Under a screen these things are beastly and can fill a space in no time.
I'll be spreading these out like a hot breakfast. But I won't be using a screen. I'm just going to crush n bend.
I really enjoy manipulating plants. Got all kinds of crazy ideas in my head. What I'm doing here isn't anything new. It's just a lot of folks don't do it. Years ago it was just referred to as flowering clones but today they call it monster cropping. Veg these out and throw them outside and they can get rather large. Indoors they can be hard to control. Ya really have to keep the plant numbers down inside to avoid overgrow.

@Joseph Fontaine I'm glad to hear your taking clones in flower. Taking clones deeper in flower will generate even more branching once they flip back to veg. Sometimes a little harder to root though. Ive always stuck with the 21 days or close to it. They root good and are ready to go when you harvest it's mama.

Latest posts

Back