loss of trichs from overwatering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dubbaman

A few toke's a day.
Reaction score
i was reading a post that said something to the effect taht MJ plants need time to dry out and this is why/how they make trichs to fight the dry feeling well after finding out that my significant other (nope not gay lol) was watering the girls too ( i just couldnt figure out why that moisture meter was constantly at 8) i have had to out them on a no water diet till they dry back out some,, but here is the thing i have noticed that some of the trichs on my plant(s) have gone missing and reduced by a substancial ammount more from the top and outer sides of the plant than toward the middle is this a common thing that goes hand and hand with overwatering or is it possibly something else and over the next couple of days while the soil drys back out can i expect the girls to pack them back on or is it a lost cause on them and i should just pray for new ones to take their place

If your plants are not all droopy I would not worry.

How far along are you in flowering?

Ive not seen plants lose trich's unless grown too long and then they turn black.

they are about 4-5 weeks into the flower they arnt drooping and now that they have gone with out water for aobut 3 days that are starting to stand back up ( leaves sticking out instead of limp) and as for the black trichs there arent any yet that ive seen i clipped a piece (fan leaf) off the middle today and looked and almost all of the trichs on that cutting were still clear and i did see a couple on this cutting that were just a bit on the cloudy side

I think the "dry feeling" with regard to resin production refers to environmental moisture, not the schedule to which you "water" your plants.

caribbean_smoker_20 said:
I think the "dry feeling" with regard to resin production refers to environmental moisture, not the schedule to which you "water" your plants.

point taken but then why would my plant seem to lose some of its trichs

caribbean_smoker_20 said:
I wish I could answer that question for you :eek:

me too lol thanks though for everything

What's the humidity in the room? If you lower the humidity in the grow area a bit, the plant's natural response is to make more trichs due to the dry environment. Sorry if Im pointing out something obvious, just a suggestion. Also, the humidity in the grow area could have been raised due to the overwatering perhaps.

hey JR thanks for dropin by the humidity in the grow area stays about 40%-50% lights on and about 55% lights out in the box itsself the humidity stays aobut 40% lights on and 45% lights out and that is plenty dry enough in both places for the plants but im leanign toward it beiing more of a light leak problem froma big outdoor light that does shine in through a window ( i think its reflecting off of a mirror and into the top of my box where my 20" fan sits and im thinking this may be the problem because the light is a big MV street light and im sure its putting off more than (full moon) moon light in my box

get the light leaks sorted out ASAP, the hermies are comin`!lol

if that were so wouldnt have already in the past month when its been in this position and grown a foot more

Latest posts

Back