low temps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedutchmaster3

Pot smoker extraordinaire
Reaction score
in the past few nights it has dropped as low as 40 degree here:eek: ...My three plants are not done flowering yet, but i am contemplating wether or not to pick them now...will they die if i leave them out there for another week or two? any help is appreciated

MJ will take a few light frosts without serious damage, But watch the rot like tbg advised.

I'm having the same problem. I have a plant that bloomed late it ended up being the biggest plant by far but the bud is still premature on it. The 10 day forcast shows highs between 66 - 59, but the lows go from 32 - 39 every night.

I checked it the other day after there were 3 nights at 32 or under and it still looked really healthy and had shown progress. But I could tell the progress has slowed down a lot. Is it worth it to flower this bad momma for another 7 - 14 days when it's starting to get colder?

pick when you think you should, but keep an eye on the weather channels so you can cut them before any major frost hits.

Temps below about 60F, the plants metabolism slows waaaaaaaaaaaay down.

Where is your "garden".? Is it in the open, or is it like my outside garden which is next to the foundation of my house. If it is close to the foundation of a building, you will get approximately a month of extra growing time because of the microclimate that the building creates. Are they in a place where you can easily tend to them ? Covering them up over night (just remember to uncover in the morning so you don't fry them.) Maybe this information will be usefull to you.

Best of Luck,
Cam :watchplant:

Latest posts

Back