lower nodes not producing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subie73

Reaction score
lower nodes are not sprouting any white hiars but the top of the plant is going crazy. what gives? sorry im still pretty green about this stuff.

well i had a 120w cfl and 40w cfl on the upper sides of the plants so i just moved the 40w on the lower sides of the plants and you can tell its getting more light down there. if that doesn't work i guess ill add some more lower watt bulbs around them. thanks guys!

also what is a good type of cfl to use for flowering?

well its been a couple of days with two new 75 watt 1100 lumen cfl (couldn't find a 2100L bulb so i got two) and still nada. maybe im impatience but do you think it may be due to the fact that the bottom branches got knocked off and they only re veged for a week? top is doing good for about day 7 of flowering but just nothing is coming from the bottom nodes.
pic one is the top and 2 is the bottom. sorry my cam sucks.

100_5965.JPG

100_5966.JPG

It's still very early in the flower stage, with the added light yer lower nodes probably still won't indicate for another week or two especially since they've only fairly recently regrown. Give them time to fill out more then you should see some results, they're still very young.:)

yeah its my first time and im just impatient ahah.

alptekin said:
well its been a couple of days with two new 75 watt 1100 lumen cfl (couldn't find a 2100L bulb so i got two).

2 things, that bulb is 75 watt equivaent, probably ony 23 watts
And at 1100 lumens each you dont have enough light.

You need 3000 - 5000 lumens per sq/ft of grow area.

Also the 2000-2100K is the kelvin (color) of the light it produces, lower the number the more red the color looks.

Growdude said:
2 things, that bulb is 75 watt equivaent, probably ony 23 watts
And at 1100 lumens each you dont have enough light.

You need 3000 - 5000 lumens per sq/ft of grow area.

Also the 2000-2100K is the kelvin (color) of the light it produces, lower the number the more red the color looks.

i know that (i miss read), i have one 2700L and the other two is 1100L and its a small space and there in not enougn room for more light. the bigger bulb is a full spectrum type bulb and the other two i have no clue. these arent to best conditions i know but i rent and cant fab up a nice place right now.

Latest posts

Back