Lowryder #2 CFL seed crop grow questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SixMoreDucks

Reaction score
This will be my first grow. I will be organically growing 4 Lowryder#2 seeds for a seed crop. I am in the planning stages right now - since its my first grow I want to be prepared for a successful harvest of seeds. Here are my details:

SOIL:
-Fox Farm Ocean Forest Potting Soil. (organic)

Lights:
-Eight CFL 27watt(100w equivalent) 5500K light for first 2-3 weeks.
-After 3 weeks switch to eight cfl 42watt(150w equivalent) 2700K.
-(Have a small space so cant use HID lights)

Nutrients:
-Full line of Fox Farm Nutrients. (all organic)
+Peace of Mind®Starter Organic Fertilizer (3-4-3)
+Grow Big® Liquid Plant Food (6-4-4)
+Tiger Bloom® Liquid Plant Food (2-8-4)
+Big Bloom™ Liquid Plant Food (0.01-0.3-0.7)
+Open Sesame® Soluble Fertilizer (5-45-19)
+Cha Ching® Soluble Fertilizer (9-50-10)
+Beastie Bloomz® Soluble Fertilizer (0-50-30)
(I will be using these nutes on a schedulesimilar to other growers who have used and got good results. Fox Farm also has a chart to go by.)

Pots:
-Four 1 gallon clay pots (10in)

Grow Box:
2ft x 2ft x 3ft tall
-Walls covered with aluminum foil.
-One fan.

My plan:
-Germinate and plant 4 seeds into 10in clay pots.
-Mix Starter Organic Fertilizer in soil before planting (for the seeds to get a good start). Water with purified tap water through days 1-12.
-Use eight 27w(100w equiv) for weeks 1-3.
-Use eight 42w(150w equiv) for weeks 4-harvest.
-Days 12-16 water with 1/2 strength Grow Big.
-Days 16-30 water with full dose of Grow Big and Big Bloom every other watering.
-Days 31-45 water with full strength Tiger Bloom and Open Sesame ever other watering.
-Days 45-55 water with full strength Tiger Bloom and Beastie Bloom every other watering.
-Days 55-harvest water with full strength Tiger Bloom and Cha Ching every other watering.
-When males start producing pollen I will shake males over the females.
-Let plants grow longer for mature seed harvest.

Those are the basic details of the plan. Im not looking for bud from this crop - just a good amount of mature seeds to keep me sustained for months or more.

The bud grown in future harvests from this seed crop will be for a single medical marijuana user. I chose to grow these seeds (and all future crops) organically to protect against chemicals and to stop supporting any dangerous marijuana businesses. Go green :farm:

Any thoughts? What am I doing wrong? What would make this small grow better? Any suggestions? Are 4 plants too few to get a seed harvest?

I will be starting this grow in a couple weeks after I get advice and perfect the plan.

Sounds good to me. But I would do something besides covering the walls in foil.
Cant you paint them?

And 4 shouldnt be to few. Im doing the same thing for beans. With autos, from what I hear, you will have plenty of males to make beans with.

sounds ok to me, i would use plastic pots (jmo) keep a good eye on em so u dont overfert and mylar instead of foil, that can cause light burn. good luck, you should do ok :)

SPEARCHUCKER said:
Sounds good to me. But I would do something besides covering the walls in foil.
Cant you paint them?

And 4 shouldnt be to few. Im doing the same thing for beans. With autos, from what I hear, you will have plenty of males to make beans with.

Yeah I can paint the walls white. I did not know which would be better.

astrobud said:
sounds ok to me, i would use plastic pots (jmo) keep a good eye on em so u dont overfert and mylar instead of foil, that can cause light burn. good luck, you should do ok :)

Where would I get mylar? How much would it cost?

I'll keep checking on the plants for nute burns. Most Fox Farm nutes dont seem to be very strong.

SixMoreDucks said:
Lights:
-Eight CFL 27watt(100w equivalent) 5500K light for first 2-3 weeks.
-After 3 weeks switch to eight cfl 42watt(150w equivalent) 2700K.

IMO - You should look into a 250 or 400 hps light system. You will get alot more buds with hps then cfls..Good luck on your grow.

Latest posts

Back