lowryder vs lowryder...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curiouscat420

Fat, Hairy and Stinky
Reaction score
if i can pollenate a nice female lowryder with a male lowryder... will all my seeds be lowryder seeds??? ...

(please pardon my ignorance)

Lol, welcome to my next grow. I'll be seeding out LR2 so I can have it forever!

I'm not sure what CC420 is going to do but I plan on making a hybrid drip/DWC setup like Buddyluv made and posted about to facilitate both flower and veg cycles in the same room. It should be interesting.

i would like to get some blueberry and ak/47 lowryder seeds and plant them, grow them, flower them and keep the seeds as long as i can...

i really like to convenience of lowryder plants and the difficulty to find the seeds is unreal... i love me some blueberry, and i love me some ak-47... i would really love to just plant them all and let them all do their thing...

i should end up with several thousand seeds right??

Are you going to grow the same strains or let them cross?

You need to understand that seeds from low strains do not always grow like Mums and Dads because they are in fact Grandchildren of the original Parents.

As we all know, Grandchildren are not duplicates of Grandparents, the Grandchildren change.

So although you get the same characteristics of the Grandparents (auto) the Grandchildren will have a different Pheno.

Some will grow wild and bushy, some single stem, some will be harvestable early, some late.

The above is simply pollenating the same strain, when you mix strains then who knows what the seeds will grow into :p

:peace:

i am prepared for that... each plant will have its own pot, as long as the auto part is there, i am not too concerned...

if i put 5 of BB in one room, 5 of ak in one room and 5 of each in the other... i should have a nice flavourful mix...

how long can i expect to keep the seeds?

do they last forever or should i take certain precautions when storing??

Seeds can easily last several years just keep them out of light and in a cool dry place.

Vegs said:
Lol, welcome to my next grow. I'll be seeding out LR2 so I can have it forever!

I'm not sure what CC420 is going to do but I plan on making a hybrid drip/DWC setup like Buddyluv made and posted about to facilitate both flower and veg cycles in the same room. It should be interesting.

You might want to note that Lowryder # 2 is an (unstable) F1 hybrid, between Santa Maria and Lowryder. Seed bank LR2 seeds in theory are first generation crosses, while the F1 hybrids will likely be fairly uniform, you're likely to get all kinds of different phenotypes when you get to F2 (LR#2 x LR#2), with all the traits (and then some) possible in the original grandparent strains.

So if you plan on seeding your LR#2's be prepared for an interesting range of possibilities, sizes, potency, branching, odor/flavours, and including some them possibly not being auto-flowers.

If you engage in a breeding program and only select for what are the most desirable traits for your plants, then in several generations you will likely have a fairly uniform personal LR2 based strain at your disposal.

I've heard seeds can last up to 5 years at a go assuming they are kept in ideal conditions as stated above. I plan on reseeding all my strains at least every 5 years till the genetics deteriorate then I'll buy more or simply replace with other strains.

"So if you plan on seeding your LR#2's be prepared for an interesting range of possibilities, sizes, potency, branching, odor/flavours, and including some them possibly not being auto-flowers."

happycat - i respect your knowledge, but this is wrong. the offspring will autoflower 100%.

Latest posts

Back