LST and Flowering ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StonedCold

Reaction score
I've realized a problem in the near future. I will be leaving the babies at home during the first week of flowering alone. I've manage to rig up a large reservoir and overflow container that should last, unless they can possibly consume 50 gallons. I realize that when I put them into flower, they are going to stretch a lot the first week, and I don't want to have the light too high above them, cause they'll stretch more and if its too low, they'll grow into it and burn... Could I continue to utilize LST during flowering, in an effort to hold them back from the top of the light? Will this cause hermies? I also, as a back up plan, was planning on putting up chicken wire. Worst case scenario, they grow into a screen of green but are saved from burning or excessive stretching.

Let me know any suggestions, other than the: "why don't you hold off the flowering until you return" since this isn't a viable option of me:)bolt: )... although I wish it was.

SC...no, you can leave them tied down during flowering. My current [@5 wks. flowering], was "released" [untied] at week 3, and the only reason I did it was because I had to wash the plants off due to a spider mite investation [a very small one, thank you...]. Buds are getting stronger by the day. Last grow I did was LST all the way to the last week, and why I untied, I'm not sure, but again, no problems.

As far as setting the "height of the light", a couple of inches [+3-5] isn't going to make that much of a difference, IMHO. If you are worried about the tops getting light burn, I'd say set it higher to satisfy your peace of mind. Hope this helps ya.

Nelson

Latest posts

Back