LST question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowmo77

Are you lost
Reaction score
ok i got a few plants in flowering that are getting real close to my lights, they are as high as i can move them. they've only been in flowering for a few weeks. So what im wondering is is it still ok to start LST now or should i have done this sooner? I knew the were gonna double when they went into flowering but they did a alot more that that. So i have along way to go and no room to grow.. help please. no pics still haven't found my camera.. thanks for any help

definitly bro,get to tiein them buds down.you really have no other choice.you dont want your light fryin em.just when your tyin em down be very careful.i even like to bend em a lil bit at a time,like every day i'll do it,until theyre where i want em to be.good luck bud.what strain are they?

im just workin with bagseeds. No point in spending money on good beans untill i can grow bagseeds without messing them up.. almost there! lol

I just started today and its crazy at how much more room i have from just tying them over a little bit. I plan on lowering them a little more in a few days.. Thanks for the help.

thats what we're here for.you'll also notice the growth towards the bottom will take off here soon.i always tie my buds down when i grow outdoors.it makes the buds towards the bottom so much bigger.

Next grow, you should experiment around with lst. I think that you will like it. It encourages the plant to bush out a lot more than if you just let it go normally. Definitely keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

Well you really don't want to do any kind of LST during flower.. Its just a chance.... And since your in your second week of flower it should not be getting much taller.. Just find some way of getting the light above the plants. But i would not sagest LST ing it while in flower..

the lights are as high as they can go and i can't raise the top of my box because it the bottom of a four foot high work bench in my shop. they only other thing i can do is make a new flowering box and thats not gonna happen. I just built this one. From what i've read LST doesn't cause that much stress if you bend a little at a time. I think thats why its called LST.

i see no problem with bendin and tieing down your tops.i've done it for yrs and never had any problems.and with your case,you have no other option,its either this or fry your plant/plants.leave em tied down,it'll be fine.just like smokey said..next time..start lstin during veg.

This is the first time i've flowered in this box so im having to make a few ajustments as i go. I wasn't going to untie them like you said its the only choice i have besides burning the leaves when they get into the lights.. thats more stress than leaning the plant over i think.. already started my next grow so i'll plan for this with them. Thanks for the input everyone.

You should have no problem tieing off problem branches at anytime during flowering. Think of a screen of green, the entire plant is bend during the entire grow, especially during flowering. i have actually had to high stress train more then a few times late into flowering because my plants stretched more then i planned for.

Try tieing the problem top to itself lower on the branch so it bends slightly, while the top will continue to grow up towards the light, the bend will more then likely stay.

Also it is true that most of the stretch will happen in the first 3 weeks, you plants will still get bigger because the tops still have to grow and swell, the big difference is that during the stretch the stem will elongate, making more space grow between the nodes, but after this happens it will still grow up. So basically yes if you have height problems now, then they should be dealt with now

I have been bending my plants up until the last day of flowering indoors and too many times to count outdoors. Never a problem UNLESS you bend the cola into an area of less light, ie. further from the lamp, behind another branch. You may get less bud from the one branch and more from another. (This is curently being studied under government supervision at several United States universities)

Latest posts

Back