lumens question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well she is doing really good, after being back awat from the clf's a little she is showing much better color on her new leaves. lots of new growth as well, i took the lights from a 24/0 down to a 18/6 and that seemed to help promote growth a little too.

hopefully we can get the new grow room together for the flowering and have it flowering under HPS and not CFL bulbs.

000_0077.jpg

000_0079.jpg

000_0078.jpg

you know if you get a powerful enough hps you could ditch the cfls for the flowering stage and use em to veg another plant at the same time. i checked around for you with regards to the drooping leaf problem - one dude, a pro, said thta if the colour is good but the leaves are drooping it could be a sign of overwatering and that it's better to water less frequently (every 4-5 days) but use more water each time rather than just bits of water every coupla days. maybe one of the pros around here could add to this.

yeah i think they were getting a little too much water. i bought a soil moisture gauge,not sure how acurate it will be but probably better then my guessing scale i use now....lol.
also got a small PH meter too and tested my tap water that seems to be a good PH level. the soil itself in the plant is a little high coming in at around 7, but the needle jumps to 8 almost 9 as you are pushing it down in the soil then levels to 7.

000_0082.jpg

000_0085.jpg

sanchez said:
you know if you get a powerful enough hps you could ditch the cfls for the flowering stage and use em to veg another plant at the same time.
yes my original plan was two 250w lights, one MH and one HPS, but i found a 400w HPS cheaper then the 250w so i got it instead, and got email conformation that its already been shipped and should be here tomorrow or monday so we need to start getting setup for its arrival.

the plant will go in with the 400wHPS to finish its veg, then we will flower it. i still dont know its sex yet so we could be following growth of a male....lol.

and since i didnt get the MH bulb like i wanted. we will more then likely use the CFL room we already have setup for germination and some veg stages. i would like them to be under the HPS light when nothing is flowering, or even place larger ones in there for ten or so hours during its lights on cycle.

measured the closet this will be used in, 4x2, and 7ft tall.

55000 lumens / 8 = 6875 lumens per square foot

should be an awsome flowering room. :)

Nice job dude... Im pretty new at this but I would say you are inline.... I'm kind of re-thinking my set up now.. I am thinking of adding another small room for flowering as well... Keep what I have now for veg room... Hmmmm, I think I may like that light set up you have going on there..... Make sure to post how this thing works when you get it...

Nice work dude...

DAMN, its here already, woke up this morning to find it sitting on the front steps. sweeeeeeeet.

only thing is it beat me to getting the room ready, its crunch time now. i have 400w of awsome fake sun sitting in a box, it needs to be shinning on my baby asap.

a trip to wally world and we should be ready for action, we should have some pics up by the end of the day ;)

question for MODS: am i allowed to take some shots of the light and the box it came in and what all was included with my light and the company i got it from??

want to check before i post it and break a rule. :)

cyberquest said:
question for MODS: am i allowed to take some shots of the light and the box it came in and what all was included with my light and the company i got it from??

want to check before i post it and break a rule. :)

Do it up man... as long as you are not gaining anything by posting it up directly or indirectly they won't mind.
The main thing they dont like is selling/spam... makes sense really... no one should be contacting another member for a gram or seeds, equipment or whatever.

ok here are a few pics of the closet that will be used.

000_0086.jpg

000_0090.jpg

here is the nice light that will be going in there:D EVEN CAME WITH A FREE LIGHTER!! thats sweet!

000_0093.jpg

000_0095.jpg

000_0096.jpg

now here is what we brought back from our 20 minute drive to wally world yeilded us.

lots of goodies, my FAV is the rubbermaid tupperware complete with clear top, that will be the home for the small square jiffy pots that fit in the PERFECTLY.

also pictured: NEW FIRE ALARM, extra timer, new self watering pot, soil, everones fav MG, peat pellet seed starter. also jiffy-7 ones that i heard arent the greatest to use but they for like $1 so i said what the heck i will try them, see how they do against just soil ones.

supplies.jpg

a little more info on the MG products, the quick start i grabbed cause i thought i remembered reading that when flowering you want something higher in phospate, its 4-12-4, the highest thing on the self they had.

also the moisture control MG soil, since this will be the first grow we arent going to do too much experements with the nutes yet. let them use this, then a flush and then some for flowering.

quickstart.jpg

quickchems.jpg

000_0105.jpg

ok here she is up and running. WOW thats a lot of light in that small of an area:eek: we are going for another run to the store for more supplies and black towels to cover the windows in the room is on the list.

Ballast was mounted in the lower corner for two reasons, one it wont block any light to the plants, and two if my wall anchors dont hold and it falls it wont crush a plant or break;)

HPS.jpg

ballast.jpg

this was also in with the stuff we got from wally world, some more cfls for the new veg room that will get reworked and painted with the new white. also picked up two 6 packs of 13w CFLS too. what for you ask?
to compensate for that 400w now burning in the closet. one fixture in the bathroom alone held 4 100w incandesents that now have only TWO 13w CFLS.

total watts of bulbs replaced= 956w
total watts of 12 13w CFLS= 156w

hmmmmm.....looks like i can add another light. :D

bigbulbs.jpg

CFL.jpg

bath.jpg

here is her size going into the new grow closet, we will keep measuring her to watch her progress.

question: what is the ideal humidity to grow in, check out the 36% reading i am getting from the CFL veg closet, i knew it was way to humid in there but the new meter confirms it.

000_0117.jpg

000_0118.jpg

well dude it seems you're all hooked up and ready to go. best of luck, and i hope to see tons of sparkling ladies real soon:D

cyberquest said:
here is her size going into the new grow closet, we will keep measuring her to watch her progress.
question: what is the ideal humidity to grow in, check out the 36% reading i am getting from the CFL veg closet, i knew it was way to humid in there but the new meter confirms it.

36% humidity could be considered by some as too low. I personally say the lower the better. (as long as the temps are okay) Lower RH = more resin production.

20-60% is well in the safe range.

i know they say that humidity is best kept lower when flowering but is this true as well for vegative growth?

cyberquest said:
i know they say that humidity is best kept lower when flowering but is this true as well for vegative growth?

I've never noticed a difference... my humidity one grow was 10-20% the whole way through... might be rough for soil grows... have to water a bit.. or have some vermiculite in the soil to retain the water longer... but hydro it seems to be okay for me.

Latest posts

Back