Lurkers making it hard for members!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oltomnoddy

frittern' & wastin', mom.
Reaction score
I'm having a real hard time getting anywhere in the forum.
All I get is "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."
Geee, I wonder why???

What's Going On: Currently Active Users 227 (57 members and 170 guests)

We are just too popular. Quick, somebody run them all off!!!

i think its more than that causing it. we've had alot more members and guests on at one time and i wasn't to bad. sorry but im glad its you gettin server busy and not me. its a pain for sure

and i thought i was the only one having this problem. edit the forum so that lurkers get to view like 5 posts or something and then make 'em join!

I am having same problem 2 out of every 5 clicks " sever is to busy ". What a drag.

Easy there Squeezy.

this is The Site to be if it's MJ your needing to learn to grow without all the antics of getting belittled cause you may know less than someone else. were all equal here. your not the only lonely one to get the message...bb...

Its true.. The only thing you can blame is the quality of info on this site. This is by far the best MJ site for growing info and overall socialization. Like that crazy guy said, if we paid for it, it'd be different. This site is QUALITY compared to others that allow un-needed swearing and are not moderated near as well as this one.

I suppose when MarPassion can afford a new server, he'll "pay" for it. I'm grateful that he allows us on here without having to pay. I get the "server busy" message several times a day. In my opinion, some people in this and other countries are spoiled. With hard economic times, we all might experience more inconveniences than simply a busy server. Some of us might find ourselves out on the streets wondering where our next meal is coming from.

it is aimed at you bro. not an attack though. i'm glad your here to help share what you know with other growers just coming in.

if i find the site busy, i move on to something else for a bit, and check back in awhile. thats what i like about the inter-webz, i can move around with stealth.

no chip here bro. this is my ground zero for growing info. ran into some fine folks along the way. and i'm 'ever learning, and could use all the help i can get at times. and i don't look a gift horse in the mouth, i take heed in all advice i get. it's all about helping each other get to one point, from another.

{ quote , tommy chong } life is got ups', and downs' man. you never know when they'll come. when your down, its from the mistakes you made along the way. and you learn from them.
and when your up dude, the possibilities are huge. cause you've already learned not to make the same mistake again...

...bb...

Sorry everyone, i deleted all my opinions since they are not allowed on this site

Alistair Young said:
I suppose when MarPassion can afford a new server, he'll "pay" for it. I'm grateful that he allows us on here without having to pay. I get the "server busy" message several times a day. In my opinion, some people in this and other countries are spoiled. With hard economic times, we all might experience more inconveniences than simply a busy server. Some of us might find ourselves out on the streets wondering where our next meal is coming from.

:yeahthat: I just keep trying OR come back later. I have MANY other things to stress on

ok so anyway back onto the subject of server too busy... lol

It is mightily annoying when you write a long quick reply and then you get the server too busy page, click back and oh look message all gone :rant: lol I try to copy my text as much as i can before i post just incase, but its easy to forget, especially when high :rolleyes:

I guess every site has its downfall, but I must say in my opinion TCVG that was a little harsh - its a technical problem, nothing to do with the quality of posts or posters on the forum, so if someone loves this forum and its attitude/feeling then they should go off somewhere else just because of a technical problem. Now yes we don't pay for the site, but I haven't found an MJ forum yet that you do pay for :rolleyes:

Constructive-ness here... Its probably caused by quite a few problems, one of which is probably the 'lurkers' or guests. So Mods, technical people, are there any other problems we can think of that might cause this to happen? And is there anything we can do to prevent it? Like would it help to delete old posts that were questions that have been answered or journals that are long since smoked and forgotten? I know a lot of things that are old are helpful to newer members etc, but the most important info is in the sticky threads, and new people tend to ask the same questions as the old ones anyway without looking back a few pages or using search anyway.

Just my thoughts, hope I don't upset anyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back