Magnifying glass?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icex420

Smokaturkey
Reaction score
I just bought a 3 way mag glass from radio shack for ten bucks. Its a 5x 10x 15x. I am not near my plants yet, but i was wondering if this was enough?

I think i might need a 30x?

helps~!

Icex420, I don't believe that will work. The 15x might work, but if I understand correctly, 30x or more is desirable. Radio shack normally has a little hand-held microscope with 60x-100x magnification. I believe it costs about $12.00 - $15.00.

just got the eye clops from big lots cool little toy. 20 bucks fun stuff

i use a 420 scope... go to hXXp://www.420science.com

it works really nicely... $26.00, up to 100x

WHOA HOLD UP. The 15 x on that magnifying glass is GREAT. Quit knockin it till you've tried it ya'll! I've got the same glass and its my mainstay. I've got a 420 scope (those 60-100x scopes) and its just collecting dust. A 30 x jeweler loupe is prime, but the 15 x is my next option. The other scopes jsut get too close and are wobbly and hard to focus, and they dont give a good over-all picture. The 15x gets you nice and close enough to clearly see the trioc color, but you are also far enough out that you can clearly see many other trics in the area and the general tric color as a whole. Just make sure you have it pointed the right way, with the radioshack logo FACING you, it gets a bit dizzying the other way around.

well why would you collect dust with it?!?!? :stoned: .. your supposed to look through it to see your triches!!! geez!! :D

blancolighter said:
WHOA HOLD UP. The 15 x on that magnifying glass is GREAT. Quit knockin it till you've tried it ya'll! I've got the same glass and its my mainstay. I've got a 420 scope (those 60-100x scopes) and its just collecting dust. A 30 x jeweler loupe is prime, but the 15 x is my next option. The other scopes jsut get too close and are wobbly and hard to focus, and they dont give a good over-all picture. The 15x gets you nice and close enough to clearly see the trioc color, but you are also far enough out that you can clearly see many other trics in the area and the general tric color as a whole. Just make sure you have it pointed the right way, with the radioshack logo FACING you, it gets a bit dizzying the other way around.

Yea I am with yea about the pocket scope from radio shack.! I got one too and with my HPS going it hard for me to see the true amber of the trich and yea I also shake as I look through it and I also thought about getting a BIG magnifling glass to see the trich better, and I have bought a 12meg camera and I think that be the best way for me to see the trich.
Hippyland has some ASome pix with his camera and I still playing with mine to learn..
Can't wait to get home to see my trich on my plants in 1 1/2 weeks..

curiouscat420 said:
well why would you collect dust with it?!?!? :stoned: .. your supposed to look through it to see your triches!!! geez!! :D

Sometimes I bust it out, but it can give me a headache! It is cool to look up that close though, I just find the 15x a better tool for this specific job. I won't lie though, its great havin em both around!

King Bud said:
Check out ebay, 21mm 30x loupes, with shipping included, are under 5$. :)

Isn't there anything Bigger in size, like a 3 inch round glass anywhere.? I am willing to pay alittle more..

You can turn that jewelers' loupe around backwards and put it over the lens of your point and shoot and get some really artsy looking pics--if you're into artsy looking pics of MJ.

Flyinghigh said:
Isn't there anything Bigger in size, like a 3 inch round glass anywhere.? I am willing to pay alittle more..

A hobby shop near me carries some, so naturally I will recommend you check out a nearby hobby shop.

Latest posts

Back