maiden diy uc voyage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If yer donating any I'll take the one pictured by itself that yu sprayed with water and rolled in sugar;) :hubba: That's a cool DIY cloner yu got there. I have an "EZ Cloner" that I was lucky enough to get a really good deal on, and it doesn't look much different than yours, and I bet yers still didn't cost as much as mine. I love that tote and UC setup, that is so sweet. The one that I have in one of my rooms is working out so well and it's nowhere as nice as yer setup. as soon as I harvest all of mine I am transferring my other two rooms to that design.:D The girls look really good, yu should be a professional MJ farmer;) :) Good Grow Mojo

HP glad ya stopped by. oh brother, the nugs arent for donation silly. the extra clones are...lol. on the cloner i think i paid 20 for the tote & couple bucks for the misters, the rest i had laying around. man you obviously wont be disappointed in the UC thats for sure. make sure you get the widest hoods out there or run vert. vert i think is the ticket. a lot better penetration & huge savings. thanks for the big ol pat on the back & yes id love to grow for a living. one day soon when i move & get an out building then wife says i can go nuts. hope she realizes what she just said. LOL. really, though the nutes & the system is doing the work, i just monitor some digits & thats about it. i know i knocked DM nutes early on but they are def proving themselves & really do have good buffers once you get it set. debating if i should try H&G nutes next or just run w/ it as is? i wont really have any nutes left after this run. veg & bloom full line in 1L jugs cost around $200, i think, so def cost effective.

Hows the girls in the UC doin? I am curious about yer likes and dislikes of the system at this point. As soon as this grow is cropped out, I am going to do a few changes. The tubs are (without a doubt) the way to go. I have them in one of my rooms and they work so much more efficient, and I just have a basic setup. How have they done in the 20gal totes? I imagine they are about to turn into green monsters that are threatening to break out and terrorize the village?:giggle: If they are anything like mine they are. :shocked: Elvis's jungle room has nothing on my jungle room.:)

HP theyre doin great. gotta get yah some pics huh? so far all the dislikes can be worked out in the next run. all user error or lack of knowledge. next run 6 tubs 4-1k's w/ plants on a 40"r to the bulb. its gunna be tits & im hoping for big yield. this run im only expecting a lb.

on sat i tried a small bottle of bloombastic in my system (2mL/gal x 40gal)& w/ any p/k booster that ive come across it likes to jack your ppm's by a lot (+120). i ran em for 2 days like this then backed em down to par. im sold, gunna go buy the mid size bottle to continue on. in 1 day i saw drastic bud swelling/gain. this stuff can be a bearer of bad news w/ PM, so watch out.
think this stuff will run circles around gravity & the like.

Doc...Your plants are looking great, that's a packed screen man! Can't wait to see them in a couple weeks...bangin! :holysheep:

thanks jbyrd, i cant wait either. im going to go by the bigger bottle of bloombastic tomorrow so sat i can dose when i 1st get up. lol

docfishwrinkle said:
aw crap! typed a small book & bumped the esc key.

ok short & sweet version. had a couple hickups so now im off schedule, but whatever. so im cycling system as we speak w/ 1/2 strength of current ppm in aero which is 850ppm. my target is 400 to be on safe side, as i goofed earlier this wk by giving the aeroponic veg tote 100ppm too much so theyre bouncing back from that. goal is to have the 4 diff phenos in by mon evening.

im also not running the 600 mh as a vert this run as i will be using it to flower out the donors. the original 1200 gph pump i was planning on using will only work submersed & not inline. weird i know. so pulled up the next largest i had laying here which is a 900. still more than what C.C. puts on theirs (350gph) for about same size res.

This Sir is what dreams are made of. You have perfected your technique and now you shall reap the benefits.

Im AlkaloidContent btw, or AC as it has been shortened lol. Cant wait to see what this baby does for you.

AC nice to meet yah & glad you stopped by. haha on perfected, thats still yet to be achieved. i am getting a good grasp on this system w/ these plants. i just cant wait til my next run as im figuring out all the new stuff ill need to get.

you by chance know of any good p/k boosters that work good & dont cost a small fortune? im trying bloombastic to give it a complete run, but i cant afford $150 every run.

docfishwrinkle said:
AC nice to meet yah & glad you stopped by. haha on perfected, thats still yet to be achieved. i am getting a good grasp on this system w/ these plants. i just cant wait til my next run as im figuring out all the new stuff ill need to get.

you by chance know of any good p/k boosters that work good & dont cost a small fortune? im trying bloombastic to give it a complete run, but i cant afford $150 every run.

Honestly Im not sure m going with the all natural approach with store bought organics right now for soil. I love the popular brands but I mean they all have the same thing in em for the most part.

I heard mollases is always a good thing to add to your feed but it has nothing to do with P or K (lmao PORK) its has nothing to do with pork :cool:
and in a soilless grow Im not sure how it would work if it did at all.

I guess it would come down to what are you willing to use? Chem/Organic do you "must order online" or can you just get some bloom fert from Lows.

Wish I could be of more help. In the past, except for once, I have always used store bought, now I am using store bought organics, hoping for some really smelly, stinky, sticky (yet smooth) ish. I only had one hydro setup. I used Foxfarm line Veg and Bloom nutes, and also got a bottle of PH up and PH down.

Worked pretty good. My harvest wasnt spectacular or anything. Out of 3 fems flowered at a foot, grown to about 2 or so feet, yielded about 3.5 oz. The grow room was in a chimney :p , exhuasted right out the top, fresh air brought in from a hole in the bottom of the board over the fireplace, feeding into a tube. So it was a small setup and we of course flowered weeks before they were supposed to but we got our dro. Then never used it again, we eventually went separate ways and I let him keep the equip.

here they are. i cant really get to show how big these are for 5 wks. the trellis is preventing me from pushing branches away. started using bloombastic @ a rate of 2ml/gal then will bump it up to 3 & let it ride for 3 weeks then one week ripen & 1 wk flush. sounds like its just around the corner....lol:rolleyes:

DSCN2446.JPG

DSCN2447.JPG

DSCN2448.JPG

DSCN2449.JPG

DSCN2450.JPG

DSCN2452.JPG

Hey Doc Where ya been? I hope all is well. Been 2 months...How did the UC girls turn out? They're probably all in jars by now I guess.

ok its been a long while but i need to put this one to rest. so ive been a lil busy & had computer probs w/ both of em. so ive been busy tearing 4 yrs worth of grow equipment from my basement & relocating. oh **** that was hella fun....lol. this grow was a disaster to some degree, but is def looked at in a positive light.

so bloombastic makes ppm's creep & i let it ride for three days then slowly dropped it back to a smidge above original & that was a mistake fo sho. fried em a lil too much for my acceptance. so dont do that again i say.

so after my small bloombastic debockle, i found 2/4 herms those 2(w & x), which were #2 & #3 yielders went all to the bags. y was lowest yield. so this now brings me to the beast. z, which now is a mom gave me a problem also, mold. this was the 1st time i had exp w/ bud rot. i ended up throwing out 1/2 the plant, which when dry was 5 oz. the smoke is good from z just not "thee one".

Hey Doc :ciao: How you been?

Sorry to hear you had such problems on yer maiden voyage. Thanks for sharing.

Alas, the search continues............................

BB im great as i am almost nestled in my new location. however after the setbacks from last grow i couldnt fund the new room build but in due time. so where im at now is same room diff location. tried vert lighting fro 2 wks i na 8x8 space to no prevail so i threw up the hoods again. i have that bb jam in 2 of 4 spaces & urkle & headband bx in the other 2. 5g airpots 2k hps & still organic. hopefully next year will be rocking that 15x8 & 4-5k's w/ ocho hoods, 8 bushes in 5g airpots w/ supersoil. hydro is on back burner as of now. wow if my wife only knew i spent 1500 for 1 run of hydro.....lol

how you been BB? ive been missing this site as ive been gone for a short stint.

:48:

take care and be safe my friend

Congrats on the new location Doc. I'm sure you'll get it where you want it :hubba: .

I've found vert lighting is tough in a small space, but get great results by angling my hoods. Tons of lateral growth with minimal training. Sounds like you got lots of good things going. I just harvested an indoor and outdoor run. Nothing going atm.

Glad to see you back!

Latest posts

Back