male plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bolt786

Reaction score
I've had my lights on 12/12 now for 6 days this morning I identified 3 males the rest i couldn't quite tell yet do the males show before the females and how long do i have to get the males out once they show thnks for any help

Yes the males usually show first. I remove my males as soon as I identify them

Hello Bolt :)

Males out as soon as you can, its safer that way.

Females usually start to show a week or a little longer after the males.

The males show first so they have chance to grow taller than the females and have time to open the pollen sacks to pollinate the females as soon as receptive.

Like everything in life, this is not a rule that cannot be bent or broken, but it is 95% accurate :)

:peace:

This may sound stupid, but what happens if you leave the male in there with the females? Does it affect the potency or the flowering of the females?

aww bless, much to learn young padawan, u get nothing but seeds if u leave the males :p

waterheadduo said:
This may sound stupid, but what happens if you leave the male in there with the females? Does it affect the potency or the flowering of the females?
It's called pollinating, so yes all the energy that was being used to build the buds will convert to building seeds instead. So plant will not be as potent as if it did'nt have seeds...take care..

Latest posts

Back