Marijuana Nation on NAT Geo channel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
overall i thought it was good....as it is with any, there are more things i wish they got into but i still liked it...now i have to download it and burn for someone

** puffmonkey, i saw a few nice pipes in there i wouldn't mind having

I was kind of impressed by the documentary overall. I thought they gave out a lot of interesting information. I too wish they had gone into the myths of "reefer madness". I have this odd habit of sitting in front of the tv writing down interesting information that I hear or see. Just thought I'd share of a few tidbits from the show.

- In 2007, 800,000 were arrested on marijuana related charges. 90% were for simple possessions.

- The US gov't controls all official cannabis studies in the United States. Requests to study are obtained through the University of Mississippi. Scientists say the supply is usually of limited, questionable quality. Many scientists say their requests to study cannabis are denied.

- Scientists looking to study properties of cannabis often study in Israel where it is much more easily obtained.

While they were at the one Cali dispensary, I saw someone who I think are the type of people ruining it for the rest of us. I know someone here must have been thinking the same as me. This rough-looking older black man comes in to get his weekly prescription and the reporter stops him to ask what his prescription was for. Did anyone else catch his response?? He says "Well, I, Uh, I broke my finger, uh, a long time ago ... uh, a log fell on it, well, uh a railroad tie actually, yeah." Are you kidding me??? Talk about med card abuse.

- Cali dispensaries sold $24,000,000 worth of marijuana which produced $3,000,000 in sales taxes!

- 22 million plants were found in cali this year; a tenfold increase from 15 years earlier. 75% of all marijuana plants found in US came from California.

I agree guys, Emery's store was FILLED with awesome piepes and bongs. Did you guys see that smoking lounge?? Crazy!

Did any of you catch the Heroin Crisis or Meth documentary's? Very powerful shows. The meth one is an older documentary but I don't think I've ever seen that one on heroin.

Sorry if that was too much you guys.

:fly: Mal C :fly:

It was ok I guess. I didn't really learn anything new. I liked looking at all the plants though lol. I like how they made it seem like our national parks are becoming like the jungles of Colombia. Next thing you know they will be dropping napalm on everything they suspect is marijuana.

Wait, I learned one thing though. Jews are pot friendly~! Awesome..I have always had a lot of respect for them.

i dvrd it will watch tonight, saw a peice of it last night looked intresting

documentary was ok, they left a lot out imo, but then again, what was i expecting.

Long live Marc Emery. I really need to smoke out with that guy.

the heroin one has been around for maybe 1 or 2 years...it isn't to old i think...these shows are still pro america i believe,she just kinda follows a stoner around so they made it look,she has no real research of her own be4 going into the field to ask the true questions to make an even reasonable show...they probably edited his rambles(because apparently so the show shows me he is a rambler when lit)that were highly intelligent and had alot of useful information and discredited the myths ppl think exist with smoking.no doubt there were some things that made me smile and appealed to me as good,but for the most part nat geo is pretty bad channel anyways...ill stick with history.at least then i can watch a tv show without being so angry...the d.e.a. guy really pissed me off hahahahahaha
if you have watched any of these..maybe a cult one or such just look at it from a bad angle,most ppl think the cult ppl are out of there minds and full of **** waiting to commit suicide when there leaders predictions fail,look at how the nat geo make it seem,like the cult ppl are so bad,you can have your own opinion no doubt.i just think they try to instill it in minds and get entertainment out of it.

I don't really like that they showed it after a special on heroin, and a special on meth. Marijuana had to have the late-night spot because it's soooooo dangerous that you can't risk showing it in primetime like you can heroin and meth :confused: :rofl: I thought the documentary was leaning on the negative side, even showing the medical patients in a kinda goofy light and saying MJ is "strong enough now" to cause scizophrenia??? Whatev :ignore: :rolleyes:

GMCORP said:
I don't really like that they showed it after a special on heroin, and a special on meth. Marijuana had to have the late-night spot because it's soooooo dangerous that you can't risk showing it in primetime like you can heroin and meth :confused: :rofl: I thought the documentary was leaning on the negative side, even showing the medical patients in a kinda goofy light and saying MJ is "strong enough now" to cause scizophrenia??? Whatev :ignore: :rolleyes:

It was on at 7 pm pst here...

About the guy at SR-71(that was the club they were at in Oakland, I was there Monday). He hurt his finger. Give that man a card!

AGAIN I say, ANY REASON MMJ can help is a REASON to get a card. There is NO bad reasons. Who is ANYONE to deny a person legal protection when the Law here in Cali was written for that purpose.
What is slowin' down the show is folks "idea" of what MMJ can help with.You don't have to be on your deathbed to get a Doctors rec.

Alot of folks REALLY don't understand what is going on with MMJ. It is a stepping stone folks. Don't you ALL want to be safe from LEO? I know 99% of the folks here would be TOTAL upstanding citizens if MJ was Legal. MJ is the only questionable thing most all of us do.

So please don't knock anyone for having thier card and being legal. If they re-wrote the law to only inlude Terminally Ill folks, we would all be back to step one in the struggle. WAKE up!

But, all in all, it was a good program. Personnaly, it was all old news, but it is cool to show the rest of the world what we are about here in Cali.

(GMCORP)I don't really like that they showed it after a special on heroin, and a special on meth. Marijuana had to have the late-night spot because it's soooooo dangerous that you can't risk showing it in primetime like you can heroin and meth

Dude, Marijuana Nation was first, then Heroin Crisis and then the meth one. Then they repeated the entire block until early morning.

(NorCalHal) He hurt his finger. Give that man a card!

**! This man should not have a card for "Well, I, Uh, hurt my finger a long time ago, uh ... dropped a log on it or uh maybe it was a railroad tie." Are you kidding me?!?!?! This man should not be allowed a card. Not to mention the guy looked like a god darned crackhead. My mother has MS but cannot get mmj. She is constantly in serious pain. This guy hurt a finger twenty years ago!!! MMJ cards are the bain of the mmj world. Any certified doctor in cali will write a darned card for anyone. Why aren't you people advocating to legalize it or decriminalize it instead of deciding who should be allowed and who shouldn't be allowed to use this magnificent plant. I am not against that man's use of marijuana, I'm against the doctor who prescribed it to him. He should be answering to the same laws as the rest of us, not making up sorry excuses for himself to get a card.

(NorCalHal) So please don't knock anyone for having .thier. card and being legal. If they re-wrote the law to only .inlude. Terminally Ill folks, we would all be back to step one in the struggle. WAKE up!

No, people faking it to get cards when they are not needed is setting the system back, not the people who are on their deathbed. This plant should be DECRIMINALIZED! Get off your high horse! MMJ is just an obstacle thrown at us by the federal government because they don't want it legalized fully. Why should the people who prescribe MMJ cards be the ones to determine who it is legal for?! MARIJUANA should be available to anyone who needs it!

Sorry for rambling, I just woke up.

Edit: Sorry if this sounded angry. I honestly believe MMJ laws are a hinderance to the decriminalization and legalization of marijuana. MMJ laws are just saying "Hey must be there is something wrong with marijuana because we're only allowed to give it to sick people." Marijuana should be widely obtainable and for anyone's use over the age of 18. And don't get me started on Age 18 either lol. I don't think people should drive, smoke, drink or join the army until age 18. I also don't feel that anyone should be told they can or can't use this plant. It's great if that guy in the docu just wants to smoke, but seriously, let him take his chances in obtaining it just like anyone else.

Here, they played MJ for the first time at 10pm. Perhaps different times around the country?

GMCORP said:
Here, they played MJ for the first time at 10pm. Perhaps different times around the country?

In my state, it was Marijuana Nation at 10pm EST, Heroin Crisis at 11pm, Meth at 12am and then MJ at 1am, Heroin at 2am, and Meth at 3am. Maybe your local laws forced it into another block.

Nope, it was the same here. I mean, they showed heroin at 8, meth at 9, mj at 10, heroin again at 11, etc like you said. I just thought it was funny that MJ was the last in the lineup...

Mj is not legal because the gov cannot just make it legal in one day, it may take up to 30 years for decriminalization, and forget about legalization while we are alive, the gov will take its sweet time to become a hypocrite.

food for thought. Marijuana is considered medicine now in some states.

Vicodin, and many other prescription drugs can kill you.
Marijuana cannot, which is more deadly? why isnt vicodin a schedule 1 drug as well?

Our country is seriously flawed. But all you chumps just growing to make a buck are the problem, grow up and get a job, yeah, i mean you guys on this site that grow for money. YOU are the problem, not the government.

JBonez said:
Mj is not legal because the gov cannot just make it legal in one day, it may take up to 30 years for decriminalization, and forget about legalization while we are alive, the gov will take its sweet time to become a hypocrite.

food for thought. Marijuana is considered medicine now in some states.

Vicodin, and many other prescription drugs can kill you.
Marijuana cannot, which is more deadly? why isnt vicodin a schedule 1 drug as well?

Our country is seriously flawed. But all you chumps just growing to make a buck are the problem, grow up and get a job, yeah, i mean you guys on this site that grow for money. YOU are the problem, not the government.
how so? because i choose to cultivate a plant that other ppl would like to acquire?like a farmer producing corn,or a grower producing roses to sell.its all the same ppl produce things that other ppl want,no reason to lay the blame on ppl such as that.i do not grow for money but you cant lay the blame on them.it is the government,its the government making money off taxes in some areas,making money off the correction centers,and just making money in general.as of now they make more money off it being illegal than legal because they cant tax every user in the nation.if it became legal tomorrow everyone would just grow there own and the government would lose billions since you can just go to your homeboys house and pick up a 1/4 of dank for 10 bucks.

noneedforalarm said:
how so? because i choose to cultivate a plant that other ppl would like to acquire?like a farmer producing corn,or a grower producing roses to sell.its all the same ppl produce things that other ppl want,no reason to lay the blame on ppl such as that.i do not grow for money but you cant lay the blame on them.it is the government,its the government making money off taxes in some areas,making money off the correction centers,and just making money in general.as of now they make more money off it being illegal than legal because they cant tax every user in the nation.if it became legal tomorrow everyone would just grow there own and the government would lose billions since you can just go to your homeboys house and pick up a 1/4 of dank for 10 bucks.

your signature makes so much sense after reading your post.

Forgive me for sounding condescending, but your "theory" is incorrect. The government stands to lose no money if pot is grown in-house, and if it was legal, there wouldnt be enough small grow ops to keep up. Supply and demand, ever heard of it? The government would in fact make more money by legalization.

And yeah, i do blame the people that are overly ambitious, resort to violence, and do not pay taxes, they ARE hurting our economy.

By not contributing to the economy, and by growing strictly for profit, you are directly contributing to inflation, I wonder why the government gets so mad, get a life, get a job and grow for personals, when its legal then you can grow to sell, thats when the government will make their money. Do i really need to continue?

nice way to not reply...thanks for supposedly coming down to my level to have a **** chat.but leave it to ppl to criticize there own in a time of ignorance.pathetic

noneedforalarm said:
nice way to not reply...thanks for supposedly coming down to my level to have a **** chat.but leave it to ppl to criticize there own in a time of ignorance.pathetic

im sorry if i came off rough, i wasnt going to reply, but honestly, this site is called Marijuana Passion, Not "Marijuana Profit" If people just wanna grow to make money, great, but they are hurting people like me who grow so i dont have to resort to drug dealers.

Growing to sell in our economy is counterproductive w/o paying taxes and often brings about violence associated not with the plant but the lifestyle people lead that avoid making an honest living, want proof, ill give you an essay, its called economics.

(JBonez) The government stands to lose no money if pot is grown in-house, and if it was legal, there wouldnt be enough small grow ops to keep up. Supply and demand, ever heard of it? The government would in fact make more money by legalization.

800,000 people were arrested last year on marijuana related charges. 90% were arrested for simple possession charges alone. 90% of 800,000 is 720,000 people. Say that each of these 720,000 were forced to pay only $100 fine per arrest. Thats 72 million dollars in fines. If marijuana were legalized they would still have to have laws against growing it and selling it to be able to tax it(for the most part). Otherwise they wouldn't make any money from taxing it because people would just grow and or find it on their own still. The government will lose money without penalties on growth and sale.

Wouldn't you still grow it? I know I wouldn't buy weed from a store. I don't even buy my vegetables and meats from a store.

Latest posts

Back