Marijuana Nation on NAT Geo channel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no doubt thats understandable with the whole counterproductive deal,but you cant go around blaming certain ppl for trying to make there lives easier in this corrupt playing field.also the original argument was not about the site or ppl on it.no need to jump off topic or criticize certain opinions because you disagree.and yes to what mal just said on making no money on things the government doesn't know about.also what inflation would i be contributing to? i find that hard to believe when growers would spring up left and right.in my neighborhood alone i am sure about 20 of the 100 ppl would be growing and then it would be a drive to sell it at the lowest cost since abundance creates lower prices.making it even more difficult for the government to tax.and you know how much the government likes its money.the only inflation i could possibly see is the fact that the government loses billions and taxes everything else just to recover from the huge profits gained off it being illegal.

mal_crane said:
(JBonez) The government stands to lose no money if pot is grown in-house, and if it was legal, there wouldnt be enough small grow ops to keep up. Supply and demand, ever heard of it? The government would in fact make more money by legalization.

800,000 people were arrested last year on marijuana related charges. 90% were arrested for simple possession charges alone. 90% of 800,000 is 720,000 people. Say that each of these 720,000 were forced to pay only $100 fine per arrest. Thats 72 million dollars in fines. If marijuana were legalized they would still have to have laws against growing it and selling it to be able to tax it(for the most part). Otherwise they wouldn't make any money from taxing it because people would just grow and or find it on their own still. The government will lose money without penalties on growth and sale.

Wouldn't you still grow it? I know I wouldn't buy weed from a store. I don't even buy my vegetables and meats from a store.

:fly: Mal C :fly:

The resources the government utilizes alone negates your statement, in effect, all the money spent by the government to stop people from having, growing marijuana speaks for itself. The state level government wouldnt have to pay to keep these guys behind bars. And yes. People who grow, WOULD stop growing and pay taxes if it was that easy, not everyone, but enough.

noneedforalarm said:
no doubt thats understandable with the whole counterproductive deal,but you cant go around blaming certain ppl for trying to make there lives easier in this corrupt playing field.also the original argument was not about the site or ppl on it.no need to jump off topic or criticize certain opinions because you disagree.

could you ellaborate?

Free enterprise isnt what i would call growing illegally for profit lol.

as in you cant blame certain ppl for trying to make there lives easier on the battlefield called life(hahaha).there are bad growers and good ones,ppl that are good grow for money and ppl that are bad grow for money.i just wanna point out you cant blame that group of ppl because certain ones dont contribute.i would say a majority that did grow for money is small time ppl.guys that grow for personals and end up selling an ounce a month or something.it only takes one guys operation to produce tons.and the guy that makes tons is the one you are talking about being "counterproductive".but its a majority of the guy in the basement with 10 or 20 plants just trying to get high and get by.no reason to blame him.

noneedforalarm said:
no doubt thats understandable with the whole counterproductive deal,but you cant go around blaming certain ppl for trying to make there lives easier in this corrupt playing field.also the original argument was not about the site or ppl on it.no need to jump off topic or criticize certain opinions because you disagree.and yes to what mal just said on making no money on things the government doesn't know about.also what inflation would i be contributing to? i find that hard to believe when growers would spring up left and right.in my neighborhood alone i am sure about 20 of the 100 ppl would be growing and then it would be a drive to sell it at the lowest cost since abundance creates lower prices.making it even more difficult for the government to tax.and you know how much the government likes its money.the only inflation i could possibly see is the fact that the government loses billions and taxes everything else just to recover from the huge profits gained off it being illegal.

Im still paying (alot!) for what i learned in school, and i am just wondering how a product like marijuana being legal wouldnt make the government money, copious amounts at that.

economics is my forte, so to speak lol and if you can touch it, you can buy it, if you can buy it you can tax it.

i dont dislike anyone for growing for profit, but in the grand scheme of our governments network, it does more harm than good.

I dont know man, i grow for my own reasons, but if you are able to walk, then you are able to work, i make all the money i need legally, and i contribute to the economy by spending money that i payed tax on, then i pay more tax when i buy stuff, it sucks, but i couldnt imagine another way that it could work.

JBonez said:
The resources the government utilizes alone negates your statement, in effect, all the money spent by the government to stop people from having, growing marijuana speaks for itself. The state level government wouldnt have to pay to keep these guys behind bars. And yes. People who grow, WOULD stop growing and pay taxes if it was that easy, not everyone, but enough.

I see what you're saying. But I'd also like to say that I don't think they would make as much as you would think. Which is why I am all for decriminalizing. Legalization for taxing purposes would still impose penalties on both growers of all sizes and sellers, while decriminalization would support stiffer penalties on commercial growers and big-time dealers. Decriminalizing would also stop people from going to jail over simple possession which would indeed save billions of dollars per year.

I also don't think that the majority of people who grow would stop just because it was legal to buy taxed marijuana from the local quick stop.

mal_crane said:
I see what you're saying. But I'd also like to say that I don't think they would make as much as you would think. Which is why I am all for decriminalizing. Legalization for taxing purposes would still impose penalties on both growers of all sizes and sellers, while decriminalization would support stiffer penalties on commercial growers and big-time dealers. Decriminalizing would also stop people from going to jail over simple possession which would indeed save billions of dollars per year.

I also don't think that the majority of people who grow would stop just because it was legal to buy taxed marijuana from the local quick stop.

your right, its all relative.

know whats funny? you cant distill alcohol in your own home legally unless its under a certain limit, define legal....lol

JBonez said:
your right, its all relative.

know whats funny? you cant distill alcohol in your own home legally unless its under a certain limit, define legal....lol

And I think the limit varies from state to state as well. I know they have a lot of limitations on home beer brewing as well. A buddy of mine bought a brewmaster kit online. He read online that he could increase the alcohol percentage of the beer to 15%. After he had been making his own beer for a couple months, he went to a local brewmaster competition at a local brewery and was disqualified for not being under the legal alcohol limit.

What is up with the "English Growers"???
What are they doing that they can grow to the point of (I think I heard) 40% THC?????? Besides growing inside.??

I'm pissed that I missed it. Thanks for the reminder everyone, I just got it a day late....It says on the website it will be on again Sat Dec 6....I won't miss that one

Latest posts

Back