Meat cuts you never eat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YYZ Skinhead

RIP Neil Peart 9/12/1952 -- 1/7/2020
Reaction score
Of any species:

Stomach
Tongue
Brain
Eyes
Intestines
Kidneys
Liver

I used to dig gizzard, but nowadays I think it is just offal.

I only eat the good cuts. :D

Tenderloin, Prime Rib, Rib Eye...ususally the middle to the back of the cow :rofl:

Nothing beats corn fed venison back straps.

YYZ Skinhead said:
I used to dig gizzard, but nowadays I think it is just offal.

:rofl: hahahahaahhhaaaaaaaa! I get it! just OFFAL...lol...*sigh* :rofl: woops, just pee'ed a lil...lol...

Mmmmmm did somebody say ribeye steak and eggs for breakfast!? And corn beef hash.

So guess what this thread made me go do?

2.5lb Tri Tip just went into the oven:woohoo:

5e103402.jpg

tri tip for me last night with suzy Q's dry rub on the bbq---mmmmm---mmmmm---mmmmmm

7greeneyes said:
:rofl: hahahahaahhhaaaaaaaa! I get it! just OFFAL...lol...*sigh* :rofl: woops, just pee'ed a lil...lol...
I was wondering when somebody would spot the Cheap Pun.

Yual kiddin me!!!! I EATS IT ALL!!! It all be good ifin yual knows how to fix it! Mmmmm, viddles.... stokin fire right nicley

BWD

You say that now backwoods. Would that include gull bladder, pancreas and fetus? We have served those among other things at my more upscale joint. Those are generally pre-fixed menus. Ppl that want to venture on the wild side, pre pay and wait months to sit down to a 15 course, whole animal menu.

I like thin sliced calf liver rinsed well first then dusted lightly with corn meal and topped with bell pepper and onion slices... broiled till done.

I used to really like chicken gizzards and livers chicken fried with country gravy ... but I tried to cook it recently and it wasn't as good as I've had out. My gizzards were grizzly - to much grissle. It was Offal.
I like chicken livers dusted lightly and fried with bacon and a flat iron on a griddle...
I leave the rest alone. I once dissected an eyeball and it it looked like a raw egg in the pan.

hmm fried eyeballs huh? i'll take two!:eek: :hubba:

try pressure cooking your livers/gizzards...i soak them in milk over night. then i pressure cook em in seasoned beer. usually eat them just like that, occasionally i'll roll in flour and lightly fry...mmm mmm...:cool:

ever eat fried dandelions? make up a basic wet batter, collect dandelions, small ones are best, float them in bowl of water to debug, toss in batter, fry, serve up hot...thier really good, and you'll think your eating fried morrell mushrooms...(poor mans shrooms)...:D we collect the greens also, wash, grind, add to smashed taters with a touch of vinegar...then take the left over taters in morning, add onion, flour, and egg to make tater pancakes in hot grease...that is some good eats...:)

nouvellechef said:
You say that now backwoods. Would that include gull bladder, pancreas and fetus? We have served those among other things at my more upscale joint. Those are generally pre-fixed menus. Ppl that want to venture on the wild side, pre pay and wait months to sit down to a 15 course, whole animal menu.

Dont knows bout fancy dinein but can be honest to says I have probably ates things most folk dont or would in my trails walked. Wouldnt want good folk here purgin gut over computin screans sharin though. Be interestin thread fur sure to watch.

BWD

Ive become spoiled since working in the restaurant business. I prefer 12 and down ribeye, un-seasoned from a free range angus or hybrid cross. We buy nothing but PRIME cuts too. YUM!! Filet or tenderloin is not fatty enough for my taste. NY Strip is a little better, but i like good even marbling so the steak wants to fall apart once cooked medium rare.

(as I pull the strips from the fridge and begin marinating)....You guys are making me hungry!

Latest posts

Back