Meat!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

nvthis

Ok, so I got to thinking... There are a lot of fellow hunters and culinary adventurers here on MP, sooo...

What is YOUR favorite meat?

Dear MP vegetarians: This is probably gonna get ugly, y'all might wanna sit this one out!;) You have been fairly warned!

That being said, I wanna know what everyone craves come Saturday night. It could be whatever, even store bought or from your favorite diner.. (I am pretty curious as to what our brothers from down under are BBQing:D ) Seafood, land dwellers or airborne. And if you are from the Islands, NO 'SPAM'!! sorry bra's, gotta be MEAT. At least say bacon if you have to.

So, lets hear what you eat.. Just your fav or fav from each catagory.

I'll start it off......

Seafood: I like raw salmon or tuna real, real well but.... Raw butterfish takes it.

Land dwellers: Man, this one is tough, but... I gotta go with bison

Airborne: I really like bird meat. I totally love goose or duck but gotta go with dove. Finest meat ever and probably my all around fav. That ever so slight liver infusion just puts it miles above the rest. I know all you dedicated squab eaters can get with me on that.;)

Ok, your turn......

Seafood: Fried Shrimp is my favorite cooked seafood, seconded only by seared Tuna. Sushi is my favorite seafood of any kind and within that category, grilled eel with ponzu sauce is my favorite. Toro, (Tuna Belly), is my second favorite.

Land dwellers: BBQ'd Spareribs cooked to *almost* falling off the bone and covered with "Stubb's" spicy Bar-B-Q Sauce with garlic mashed taters and cream style corn. Mana from heaven!

Airborne: Rotisserie Chicken cooked on my Sunbeam Rotisserie until the meat starts sagging on the bones.

This is, of course, not what I eat regularly. After having 5 heart bypasses, I'd be nuts to eat this type of food very often. When I do "treat" myself, these are the meals I do so with.

Seafood: Hard to beat mud crab straight up with some seafood sauce, a white wine or a beer. Very Partial to Coral Trout, Snapper/Squire, Spanish Mackeral, Silver Perch, Bream, Sweet Lip, Red Emporor, Barramundi, Flat Head, Whiting, Mulaway (Jew), Moreton Bay Bugs, Sand Crabs and don't mind the odd prawn. Don't know if I could pick a favourite out of all of them, but a little butter pan fried with some simple steamed veg or chips is the preferred method of consumption.

Land dwellers: Moo. Prime Australian Murray Grey Eye, Rib Fillet or T Bone; medium rare. What's that Skip? BOOOOOOOOM. Roo with a nice rich red wine jus, washed down with Little Creature is worth serving time for. Prime Victorian Spring Lamb Rack with Moroccan Spice Rub and Rosemary Dusted Roast Veg washed down wih a hearty Hunter red will stop traffic. Biltong.......I can eat this **** by the kg! Ain't met a swine product I didn't like but if I were only allowed to pick one BBQ Pork Belly with an orange balsamic reduction and chunky arse fries.

Airborne:
If I could only pick only little birdy to chow down on it's Chinese BBQ Quail; about 3 at a time.
Very fond of Baked cashew & capsicum pesto stuffed chicken breast with an assortment of veg. Only the left breast though please.

Although not strictly airborne I could eat Ostrich by the tonne.

I'd like to add another two categories

Amphibious: Don't mind a bit of crocodile!

Dessert: Vanilla Icecream

StoneyBud said:
...covered with "Stubb's" spicy Bar-B-Q Sauce ...

This is, of course, not what I eat regularly. After having 5 heart bypasses, I'd be nuts to eat this type of food very often. When I do "treat" myself, these are the meals I do so with.

We like Stubb's spicy and BBQ, too!

sea: if it smells like fish...i eat it. fav...fugu
land: wild boar
air: swan or pheasant

Seafood- I hate seafood, How can you even get close enough to eat that.

Land- Like stoney I love spareribs when they about to fall off the bone.

Airbourne- I love me some chickken with some corn bread.

seafood =Does crawdads count?

land= Bear with wild mushrooms

air= pheasant done beer can chicken style

Damn! It's like 7:30 in the am and y'all are makin' me hungry.

You folk are a diverse group alright.

S.Joe, I was wondering if kangaroo was gonna come up. Tell us about it bro. I have never tried it, but I have seen it. Looks as good as any red meat I have ever seen.;)

StoneyBud said:

Stoney, sashimi all day long bro, high in omega-3's and great heart food!;)

Ponzu has all but replaced plain soy at my house!

Seafood: Crawfish. Aint no doubt about that. Pinch a tail, and suck that head.

Land: Cow. From steaks, to tenderloin, to sausage. There isnt a better cut of landmeat you can find.

Air: Chicken. My overall "most eatin" animal. Love it, and its good for you.

Sea food: A freshly bathed cow ( I don't eat sea food, I'll catch em', I'll even clean em', but I aint puttin' that in my mouth....LOL)

Land: Pork (preferably ribs)

Airborne: Chicken (probably the most versitile of poultries)

nvthis said:
Dear MP vegetarians: This is probably gonna get ugly, y'all might wanna sit this one out!;) You have been fairly warned!

:rofl: That was too funny.

As for me, bring me some surf n turf. A thick rib-eye cooked medium, a side of grilled shrimp drizzled in ketchup and a baked potato on the side, hold the sour cream and chives. :)

Damn, now I am all hungry.

I can also grill some awesome pork ribs. ;)

Sea food- Lake Erie pearch and walleye...Land- Deer meat tenderloins are the best...Airborne- Duck, phesant, goose, quail ect... If you have to go to the store to buy it then forget it I like to collect my own viddles thank you very much...lol...take care..

cubby said:
Sea food: A freshly bathed cow ( I don't eat sea food, I'll catch em', I'll even clean em', but I aint puttin' that in my mouth....LOL)

No seafood?

Ever?

No matter what ocean it came from?

I know fish have sex in water, and we put a lot of our **** in it...but its soooo goood.
If I did not live where the air is brown, then I might be worried about the mercury.

...but a little heavy metal never hut anyone right?

Three words: Bacon Wrapped Scallops.

The Effen Gee said:
No seafood?

Ever?

No matter what ocean it came from?

I know fish have sex in water, and we put a lot of our **** in it...but its soooo goood.
If I did not live where the air is brown, then I might be worried about the mercury.

...but a little heavy metal never hut anyone right?

Three words: Bacon Wrapped Scallops.

No seafood ever! I grew up in the Ocean state, R.I., I started surf casting as soon as I could hold a pole, Many people in my family are/have been commercial fishermen/ lobstermen, gathered clams and cohaugs as a kid, but refused to eat seafood of any kind. My mom used to get furious, we'd go to a nice seafood resteraunt and I would order a porkchop.
To this day I love to go fishing but it's totaly catch and release, fish love me.;) Cows and pigs on the other hand give me dirty looks if I just go near them:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back