MG/Perlite mx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stoneylove

Reaction score
So I've read through this pretty thoroughly and cant find these two things. Just a noob looking for some advice, and this is clearly the place.

The advice with MG moisture control is to mix in perlite. What percent mix would you start with for mg/perlite?

Also, how close should a 400wHPS be to the plant during the seedling/preveg stage?

perlite 30% MG 70%. thats just how i did it. as for the light distance i'll let someone with that light setup tell you about it. hope i helped a little. good luck

sorry i should have asked this in the fisrt post. have you done any reading on the MG soil? if not i would suggest that you do.. alot of people here hate MG products. some use them with alot of success. i've used it on a few grows and it can be done but you have to be careful. MG soil is prenuted with time released food. so everytime you water it feeds your plant. becareful watering if you water to much it could lead to nute burn. if it says it feeds for 3 months then thats what it does. hope this helped

Yeah, I came across the nute info also (I didnt know what "nute" meant about 2 weeks ago.) The advice seems to be not to water until they droop a little. I almost included that just to save someone the trouble of holding my hand but your clearly a kind fellow.

That brings up a new Q: How can I tell if prenuted soil runs out of nutes?

And maybe another: Doesnt prenuted just mean that I just have to water when it droops a bit and not worry about the science stuff? Less maintenance.

Thats a good question? the only way i can tell is when the oldest fan leaves start to yellow a bit. i always wait untill flowering to feed if the soil is prenuted, the best thing i can say is if it says feeds so 2 or 3 months then it does, you shouldn't feed it untill that time is up. when you do start to feed your plants start out slow. use 1/4 of what the directions say to use. then wait to see how your plant responds for a few days or a week. if it doesn't show signs of nute burn you can bump it up a little.

MG moist control will hold water longer than many soils, thats what its made to do. If your soil looks and feels dry give it a few more days to do its stuff and then water. the added perlite will help it air out faster and get more air to the roots so that will only be a plus were there could have been a minus with wrong use of the soil (overwatering). If im not mistaken the MGMC does feed for up to 3 months so no extra foods for your plant till then, and when in flower you can give her bloom nutes. If you have seedlings in there as of now plan on seeing some kind of minor burning or pH imbalences along the way, but watch the new growth (top) of your plant and as long as it (along with the greater majoroty of the plant) is green and healthy looking you should be able to recover.

I use MG and never have had bad tasting bud, or major problems from the soil itsself and my plants grow like mad during veg while they are in it.

I would look at buying Fox Farms Ocean forest just look at my Sativa Journal below you'll see why .

ya dubbaman said it all. the only problems i've had with MG is learning how to use it. im still usin it but tryin to go organic. but i've never had any buds taste bad either.

Latest posts

Back