MH Distance from foliage??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erwinsweeney

Reaction score
I have put 6 plants from seed that are about 6" tall now, under a 400 watt MH Cool Tube, which is in a 2'X4'X5' grow tent. I have it set at 15" from the tops of foliage right now. The temps in the foliage are running 76-79 degrees. The cool tube is cool enough that I can hold my hand on it indefinitely without any discomfort. Is this a good starting point, or should I go further away or closer. Thanks for input.

icon1.gif
MH Distance from foliage??
I have put 6 plants from seed that are about 6" tall now, under a 400 watt MH Cool Tube, which is in a 2'X4'X5' grow tent. I have it set at 15" from the tops of foliage right now. The temps in the foliage are running 76-79 degrees. The cool tube is cool enough that I can hold my hand on it indefinitely without any discomfort. Is this a good starting point, or should I go further away or closer. Thanks for input.

I ran my 400w MH 9" from the tops and don't have a cool tube. Glass bottom 6" vented hood. "General rule is: place your hand over tops of plants palm down--if the light hitting the back of your hand is too hot/uncomfortable--light too close. Please don't burn the ladies...........

erwinsweeney said:

if you can go closer without any discomfort i would ,,you will get nicer tighter plants ,imo go for a bout 9 -12 inches away :48:

North Fork Hermit said:
I ran my 400w MH 9" from the tops and don't have a cool tube. Glass bottom 6" vented hood. "General rule is: place your hand over tops of plants palm down--if the light hitting the back of your hand is too hot/uncomfortable--light too close. Please don't burn the ladies...........

Thank you sir. Appreciate the info.

UKgirl420 said:
if you can go closer without any discomfort i would ,,you will get nicer tighter plants ,imo go for a bout 9 -12 inches away :48:

Than you ma'am. Appreciate the insight.

Latest posts

Back