MH + T5 for single area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Green Fang

You don't see me . . .
Reaction score
Basically, I have 12 reg seeds going.. it's time to transplant and the single 4ft 4 bulb T5HO I have is NOT enough for 12 plants in 3gal pots!!

I'm wondering, would I be able to run the 400w MH next (beside) the T5HO and have good results for this veg period? I'll be purchasing another T5 fixture, but not yet.

I assume if I run them side by side, I'd be able to get decent results and AVOID herming. I was thinking of changing the sides daily. Have 6 under the MH "side" for a day and swap with the 6 under T5 "side" every other day.

What are the thoughts on mixing the spectrum's. I mean, it doesn't seem too dramatic. They will be side by side and not layered, in a 4x4 grow tent.

i don;t think that would be an issue, i have a bunch of cfls 2600-6500 running with my t5 cause i could only afford a 2 bulb 4' every thing is growing even

I think you are doing right by adding the mh with the t-5 I happen to think that you should even add an L.E.D. if you got one DR fang let us know how they veg I got an LED and want to add an 5-t with it

Nice, cheers Skullcandy :aok:

I called my hydro store guy just after making this post, and he mentioned how he does MH and T5 by choice. He told me his setup.. (warehouse setup).... bit nuts really lol!

So I'll be doing 400w MH next to a 4' 4bulb T5HO for 12 reg plants.

C-MON PISTOLS!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thanks for replies guys.

man after all the awesome tips here, I no longer use my go-to Indoor gardening center. They are way overpriced anyways.

The T5 is going to have to be a lot closer to the canopy than the MH. So the trick is getting the T5 close enough to be effective (a couple of inches) without the reflector cutting off the light from the MH which will probably be a foot higher.

what if u hang the mh no hood

The Hemp Goddess said:
The T5 is going to have to be a lot closer to the canopy than the MH. So the trick is getting the T5 close enough to be effective (a couple of inches) without the reflector cutting off the light from the MH which will probably be a foot higher.

Yeah, I'm doing 6 under T5 and 6 under MH.. just in the same tent. I'll keep the T5 right on those 6 and do about 10-12" from tops with MH.. maybe closer... getting some good temps, just don't want bleaching :D

Cheers for checking in! :aok:

well i had hung a 3" plant 6" frm my 1k hohps and it lived i'd say 10 is perfect

so what size t5 do u think for a 5x5 or like 2x 4'x4 bulbs and a mh in the middle? :p

Latest posts

Back