mh to hps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrniceguy

"loose lips sink ships"
Reaction score
when do you switch from mh to hps, when you switch to 12/12 or when you first see signs of flowering?

and the same question with nutes? from veg nutes to flower nutes?
thanks for any advice. :smoke1:

mrniceguy said:
when do you switch from mh to hps, when you switch to 12/12 or when you first see signs of flowering?

and the same question with nutes? from veg nutes to flower nutes?
thanks for any advice. :smoke1:

Thanks for your question I was wondering my self since I am new at growing.

The Canabas Bible states 24/0 or 18/6 for Veg & 12/12 for flowering.

18/6 photoperiod plant will grow more calyx when mature enough . If you stay in the 18/6 ya the plants produces more Calyx but will hender the growth of the plant.

24/0 is easier to keep plants in Veg growth.

I hope this helps.

Bible states once you see Calyx you switch to 12/12 for flowering.

Let me know if this helps or not & I'll see what else I can find for you ok.

im sorry i should have been more clear i am using a 600 watt hps with a mh conversion bulb for vegging.... my ? is do i switch to hps when i change the light schedule or do i wait untill i see flowers?:)

i switch when i am 1/3 the hight of my growbox. and yes change lights and nuts then as well. err thats how i do it. they will streatch abt 200% when flowering.

mrniceguy said:
im sorry i should have been more clear i am using a 600 watt hps with a mh conversion bulb for vegging.... my ? is do i switch to hps when i change the light schedule or do i wait untill i see flowers?:)

Switch to the HPS when you switch to the 12/12 light schedule. The same goes for the nutes--switch to the flowering nutes when you switch to the flowering light schedule.

Latest posts

Back