MI: Marijuana dispensaries sued

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you talking about Roddy? The feds bust ppl everyday in other states for mj

Roddy said:
Sure, that's why the feds aren't bothering anyone in other states..

Roddy you really need to get out more or step away from the bong and stay informed.

The feds have been in WA, MT also.

Billings Gazette said:
HELENA — It’s time for the state of Montana to stand up to the federal government over medical marijuana as it has on other states’ rights issues, the owner of a raided Belgrade dispensary told a conference Tuesday.

“You’ll go against them for wolves, you’ll go against them for buffalo, you’ll go against them for guns, but (for) marijuana, there’s no backbone in the state,” said Randy Leibenguth, who ran MCM Caregivers. “I think our state needs to have the backbone and stand up for this.”

He added, “Without the Legislature’s backing wholeheartedly and without the state’s backing wholeheartedly, we’re sitting there with our butts in the wind until something is written that works for everyone.”

Leibenguth’s MCM Caregivers was one of more than two dozen medical marijuana businesses that federal agents raided in March. Although he hasn’t been indicted, he said his business was essentially destroyed by federal agents.

The Seattle Times said:
Following the biggest raid on pot dispensaries since voters approved the state's medical-marijuana law in 1998, Seattle U.S. Attorney Jenny Durkan said Wednesday her office doesn't have the ability or inclination to shut down every dispensary in Western Washington — but authorities won't turn a blind eye to flagrant violations, either.

"Some people have said the law's confusing," Durkan said. "There's nothing confusing about the illegal conduct they were doing. Everyone knows you can't sell pounds of marijuana out the back door to someone who's not sick. You can't sell OxyContin pills."

The Drug Enforcement Administration raided 10 storefront dispensaries Tuesday, including several in Seattle, where law-enforcement officials have taken a lenient view of medical-marijuana grows and dispensaries. Search-warrant affidavits suggested the shops were fronts for illicit drug dealing and revealed that agents were looking for evidence of drug conspiracies, money laundering and guns.

These are fact not someones fantasy. Unlike your posts.

But I guess this is just you spreading more hogwash.

Most people at a young age learn to keep their trap shut when they do not know what they are talking about. You on the other hand must not have learned this...yet.:rofl:

I don't know why he has such a hard on for Cali pc? :confused:

Hamster Lewis said:

Neither do I HL I just figured it is a bad case of envy and jealously towards Cali. He has one for me cause I call him out on his hogwash then show him up with the facts to back my statements up. Which he is unable to do since most of his discussion is pure fiction.jmo

Hamster Lewis said:

I don't. When people go out of their way to harass me, when the OP sends me profanity messages...I take to having fun.

Seems the op wants to shift all the attention from Cali, well, stirring it toward MI won't do it! If all the op can do is try to shift attention, seems there's a problem?

When the op does nothing but pretend his mavericks are pure as driven snow....I find that COMICAL and will point it out every chance, so if Hal wants to try his deflection, I'll play!! And I am PLAYING the game, much like Hal wanted...as obvious with his little cry to me in rep....something to the message of pointing to MI and I throwing it all back to Cali...what Hal, you now not wanting to be mavericks???

pcduck said:
Neither do I HL I just figured it is a bad case of envy and jealously towards Cali. He has one for me cause I call him out on his hogwash then show him up with the facts to back my statements up. Which he is unable to do since most of his discussion is pure fiction.jmo

What a joke...pure and simple. Wake up.

HemperFi said:
I can understand taking advantage of state law for either profit or protection. The whole thing just doesn't feel right to me. The fact that you are still breaking federal law has me thinking it will eventually jump up and bite you. I hope not, but you are on a list that the state will happily hand over to the Feds. You have to admit that the Feds are getting more and more envolved. I hope you don't have a false sense of security. I certainly don't wish any harm to come your way from any direction. I personally feel safer being an outlaw than I would being legal. But that's just me. I could be wrong. I have been wrong once or twice -- mostly in affairs of the heart tho :)

Have a wonderful Christmas

peace

I've been on the "list" for 15 years. I know the goverment is slow...but damn.

Roddy said:
I don't. When people go out of their way to harass me, when the OP sends me profanity messages...I take to having fun.

Seems the op wants to shift all the attention from Cali, well, stirring it toward MI won't do it! If all the op can do is try to shift attention, seems there's a problem?

When the op does nothing but pretend his mavericks are pure as driven snow....I find that COMICAL and will point it out every chance, so if Hal wants to try his deflection, I'll play!! And I am PLAYING the game, much like Hal wanted...as obvious with his little cry to me in rep....something to the message of pointing to MI and I throwing it all back to Cali...what Hal, you now not wanting to be mavericks???

I thought you had some intelligence.

Why don't you address my post that answered your questions.

Not trying to shift attention, just trying to point out that other states have conflicts within thier own state laws as well.

See, for me, it's not a game. It's a way of life.

And yes, I gave u neg rep, and signed it. I will continue to do so as you cannot argue intelligently. This conversation is obviously above you, so please stay out of it.

farts_fullsize.jpg time to stay out of here

NorCalHal said:
Truly clueless.

The only law cali is breaking is Federal law bud, just like everybody in all 50 states.

Your hanging with criminal because you yourself admitted your personal friends own dispensaries in your state.
You also admitted that dispensaries are illegal in your state.

Therefore, you hang with criminals.

There is no way you can argue that bro.

Cali has a ruleset in place, and has had for years. Our fight is not with the State. It is 2 - fold.
I'll type slow so maybe you can understand

Cali's issue is with individual cities/counties to either adopt local regulations for dispensary operations, or ban them. If there is no local regulations, then folks are operating by the States guidelines.
When a dispensary moves into an area that does not have local regulations, this is what is causing the stir. The local goverment either plays ball, or they simply ban them.
This is something that happens all the time. Some cities have Strip Clubs, Some don't. EXACT same thing.

The other issue is the fight with the Feds. This is ongoing. The fact that they are in my State more then others is because we have been established longer and have alot more dispensaries. Easier taget, plain and simple.

Your issue is that you have CLEAR laws stating that a dispensary is Illegal, and you boys just do it anyway, to hell with state law.
You say your fighting it in court. Well, you got years before you guys get your crap together on the issue, believe me.

What's funny to me, is you guys are fighting in court to have the ability to operate just as Cali does. Riddle me that.

I don't think I can type any slower....

The other issue is the fight with the Feds. This is ongoing. The fact that they are in my State more then others is because we have been established longer and have alot more dispensaries. Easier taget, plain and simple.

And...wait....grabbing more attention than any other state. Yep, more dispensaries which has irked the feds which is why they're there.

Your issue is that you have CLEAR laws stating that a dispensary is Illegal, and you boys just do it anyway, to hell with state law.
You say your fighting it in court. Well, you got years before you guys get your crap together on the issue, believe me.

Again, please show me where it says dispensaries are illegal. As has been pointed out, there isn't any language. The fact that Bill has to SUE to shut down 3 shops (reportedly selling to unlicensed) tells me there isn't a law or they'd just shut them down. The fact that it's going to the higher courts means we are fighting...can't just one person take an issue to the courts, right??

I've addressed these several times, I can't say any plainer that there is NO LANGUAGE. I can't type any plainer that the law must not have teeth or there'd be no lawsuits...there'd be no dispensaries period! Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back