Michigan's medical marijuana profit: $8 million

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roddys view is no way held by most of the people in Michigan by the way. Just figured I would point that out since it seems kind of batshit crazy.

Sorry to hear this.....my view is that there's a bunch of bad stuff going on that is leading to the lawmakers to review their stance at this time. Just 3 years in and they're already looking to tighten up restrictions on getting the card in Michigan....where my view is unpopular.

If my view is unpopular, maybe some of you should be reading the news and seeing what's truly going on.....cuz it truly IS batpoo crazy what's going on.

Locally, they've put moratoriums on dispensaries while trying to figure out how best to locate them in their cities...leading thought is to put them in the worst of the worst areas....sad! This means real patients can be forced to brave visiting places even the cops try not to...nice! And can you guess how well the locals will be acting in areas with dispensaries (gangs on corners, crime rampant), and what will be blamed for this supposed increase in criminal activity? There's a thread in this section about a dispensary in a bad area...and how the locals are trying to close it down because of the "crime" and bad behavior.

No, my view may not be popular, but it is happening, sorry I am bringing it to you! Truly, if my view is unpopular, possibly you won't have to worry about it much longer????? I mean, these areas were all for the law, the income from taxes etc enticed them to welcome the first dispensaries...wonder why the change in view?? Bet I can see it.....

But, what IS the opinion held by most people in Michigan, btw?? Sounds like you have an idea??? :rofl:

They shouldn't have to decide where dispensary's are suppose to go because under the Michigan law they aren't suppose to exist.

Really? How many have you in your area?? I can visit one within a 15 minutes drive in any direction.

Roddy, I live in California. The Hippy Dippy State that started this Medical Marijuana thang, now 15 years ago. There is still NOT ONE Dispensary in my county. There is still a Moritorium on them. The supervisors have, I think, 10 more months before they actually have to make a decision as to how many or where they are gonna be (hope you dont have to wait 15 years). The Supervisors are still trying to decide how many plants can be grown on private property, the whole "care giver" (really means growing for those not present) issue is up in the air. The next county over is just now been getting some decent dispensary's in the last few years. So all of California does not have these issues settled yet either, agian, 15 years after the Medical Marijuana Proposition was passed.

No change happens overnight. Most people think change is bad. Combine that change with "drugs are bad attitude" and change may be like a mule that dont want to move. Take enough time, hit it hard enough, that mule will move. (Please PITA people, it was just an example, from an old mule wrangler)

I am sure Michigan is gonna be fine in time. Who knows, if it is legalized as most smokers want, all this "Medical MJ" stuff will be moot. We all hope for that will happen, the sooner the better.

Just my little old 2 cents.

Well, we're watching you and Colorado and.....just like I am sure other states will watch us. Change is good, but not when it's changing for the worse after we've seen so much advancement.....hopefully the trend reverses!

See, we have dispensaries, the first one that opened is right beside the county courthouse property! It's in the same building the judge's offices are in...they were very much accepting of dispensaries when this started up. Now, not even willing to discuss it, it's on the back burner. Meanwhile, there's dispensaries popping up outside the cities that have put in moratoriums, these dispensaries are the main concern of mine at this time, they're the ones employing "drug dealer" tactics to make a buck. These guys are shady and, since there's not a lot of other local dispensaries (and none going in in the near future), the patient is forced to either go to them or find a reputable caregiver. As you may figure, all the good growers had their cards filled fast, leaving a shortage of good AND reputable caregivers...leaving some of the patients even more screwed!

I get it now Roddy.

You got your card and could care less about helping other folks in your state to get protected. You WANT them to restrict who can get thier card, because you allready have yours and don't care.
Cmon man, jump on the team and help protect everyone. Otherwise, your just another hurdle we are going to jump over, your ill informed perception of what MMJ should be.

NorCalHal said:
I get it now Roddy.

You got your card and could care less about helping other folks in your state to get protected. You WANT them to restrict who can get thier card, because you allready have yours and don't care.
Cmon man, jump on the team and help protect everyone. Otherwise, your just another hurdle we are going to jump over, your ill informed perception of what MMJ should be.

Lol....I hve given up....Roddy is right and we all are wrong. I am not afraid to admit it....:doh:

NorCalHal said:
I get it now Roddy.

How do you get that I want restrictions when I am the one reporting they are coming and why?? Fill me in on what's ill-informed...enlighten me?

I complained that there's bad dispensaries...there are! I complained there's abuse of the application system, since there's already talk of re-examining, this very well could be true? I complained there's patients being abused, very VERY true!

Hick says this is change and will work itself out, evolve or whatnot, I agree this is in it's infancy stage and only hope we DO evolve and not revert.

And NCH, I respect your views and all, but I'm not out to make tons of money, I am out to give the patients their MMJ...if this is a bad thing, shoot me! ;) As I said several times, if I EVER break even, I'll consider myself lucky!

Hamster Lewis said:
Lol....I hve given up....Roddy is right and we all are wrong. I am not afraid to admit it....:doh:

But we were having such fun..... :D :D

there has been a couple prosecutions in my area for people sellign there overages to card holders. the law states that if you are a patient and grow your own you can not sell it or give it to a fellow card holder. unless you are a registerd care giver. what has happend is our local narcotics team had found an add about overages on craigslist and set the guy up for a delivery and took him down for it. he was charged with a misdameanor instead of a felony but still. i dotn understand why a patient cant trade with another patient

My lawyer told me we were allowed to sell to other card holders as long as we stressed it was to cover costs....if you care to trust that :D I think it really comes down to how your county sees it, our county is different than the counties around us.

Advertising on craigslist :doh:

I am out to give the patients their MMJ...if this is a bad thing, shoot me!
well in the federal system you are a total outlaw. When you sold your first bag to "cover cost" you have distributed and sold which makes you guilty of numerous charges including de-frauding the IRS. Even if you claim them you can't claim it as "money's received for marijuana production". misc. income you might get away with it but better have a great attorney.
You are looking at several years min. Just saying.
Me I would be incarcerated immedietley my son taken and placed into custody, all my accounts frozen, all my assets locked. I would be screwed. That is for "giving" not selling for any price 1 gram to a cancer patient. I do supply two folks. 1 with stage 4 liver cancer and 1 suffering from muscle atrophy due to diabetes.
Thus why you get so many - responses to your posts. Some of us are still front line fighters with more to lose then a "civil disorderly conduct with a night in jail" at a mmj rally.

And one last thing. Cuz this talk is working me up.
Roddy you have no idea or concept of how lucky you are. You want to "follow the laws" and turn your nose up at folks like me. Well hell yeah I was one of those "undesirables" in my teens and early 20's. but I was freakin great at it, you wanted psychedelics, a toot, or some really killer bud I was the guy. No heat, small circles, and everyone knew but wouldn't rat cuz I treat people decent and deals are square deal no bull crap. They also knew when they needed it for the first time after years and years...where EXACTLY to come. If it wasn't for me and my best friend, no one I know would be gettin knock out quality herb. All be that "mids" "kind bud" and what ever else crap they throw around now a days. and I specifically deal with only 30+. Sure beats em hooked on xanax or oxy IMO.
but that was when I was young. I'm climbing up into that 40 section of life, I don't deal, just provide at a very small scale. when my folks and that gen. started getting older having major health problems. My self presented with some heavy crap that should require me several pills a day....FYI weed makes it so I don't even have to take even an asprin more then 1x-2x a year.
Yet, unlike you even my state wants to crucify a simple poss. Med...HA! your cancer ridden *** goin to jail mentality. (no offense to those suffering from it just systems point of view).
You judge me and so many other middle aged, hard working, trying to live the best we can for going outside of the law. That you fail to see.
YOU ARE ONE OF US. You are commiting a felony RIGHT NOW. This second. You just admitted to a felony under federal law.
So PLEASE quit judging us man. I don't judge you....but it's gone on for page after page.
Thanks for hearing me out dude. I understand your view, but do show respect where respect is deserved.
:48:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back