MITES on buds days b4 harvest -help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom O'Bedlam

Reaction score
Little orange/red ones. Sorry no photos but they look like spider mites to me. I'm ready to harvest today or tomorrow. Will they harm the harvested buds? :watchplant:

Well there is nothing to do about it now, smokem up.

But then do a super job of clean up and use bug bombs in your grow area.

Vacuum cleaner??? You have to harvest anyways, just pick em out if you can, and sterilize the grow room, or your future harvest will suffer! he he, good luck man, hope i never have to deal with those pesky little buggers.

Buy an organic fogger and let it off in the room with the plant it wont harm the plant or change anything its organic it could touch our food and no harm just make sure you get an organic fogger, a hydro shop would have them for like 10 or 12 bucks 1 time use, it kills everything man well worth it:aok:

thanks for all the answers. What I'm really worried about is: will the drying buds be ok, or will the mites ruin my harvest (185g taken today) as it dries?

Tom O'Bedlam said:
thanks for all the answers. What I'm really worried about is: will the drying buds be ok, or will the mites ruin my harvest (185g taken today) as it dries?

If your buds look good im sure they will be fine, hey I bet we've all smoked a few mites.

Tom O'Bedlam said:

How many plants did you harvest?

everyone will have this problem sooner or later if you grow for any time at all.its inevitable.sheet happens.a little meat with the salad,hehe

JBonez said:
How many plants did you harvest?

2 CFL-grown clones...my personal supply:D

PB300004.JPG

PB300001.JPG

seems like a smaller yield, but if you are using cfls i see why, beautiful looking buds tho my friend, good job!

thx JB I LST'd these for the first time and am gonna keep doing it from now on. Suits my little space way better

i hear that! if you look at my grow, i lst'd and vegged for 7 weeks, im going into my fourth week of flowering right now and each of the plants has an average of about 6 huge colas!! The extra veg time, hid lighting (most important imo for huge growth) will allow for more plant matter to form, and yeah, lst is the way to go, i was thinking of doing a scrog, then i realized its easier to train the plant with string and you can still move them around, my first harvest will let me know which route i go next but i think im gonna stick with soil.

Sounds like the common red spider mite. You can control them chemically, but you wouldn't really want any of the commercial miticides in your grow room or on your flowering buds. Organic controls, like insecticidal soaps work so so from my experience. I have had only 3 or 4 infestations over the years. I am an outdoor grower. I found that as soon as I discover them, I simply use a relatively high pressure spray and spray the undersides of the leaves daily, in the morning as part of the watering regimen. They tend to be gone after about a week of this. Easy.

But if you have harvested already, then they will simply die off as the leaves dry since the feed on the plant by puncturing cells on the underside of the leaf and slurping up the juices. Also, you will know they are red spider mites by observing a very very fine protective webbing on the underside of the leaves in places.

VF

:eek:As an experienced spider-mite gal, I can assure you that when you hang your plants upside down all the little mitey critters will run to the top (which is the bottom stem) of the plant... they like to be on top... lol.
So once they get their little web homes built on top of all your plants in a day or so, just vacuum off the little pesky jerks... and be sure to give a quick once over on the lines they are hanging on... It's a miracle! Sucks 'em right up!

:peace:

Tom O'Bedlam said:
Little orange/red ones. Sorry no photos but they look like spider mites to me. I'm ready to harvest today or tomorrow. Will they harm the harvested buds? :watchplant:

You are absolutely right, they do go to the top where the more tasty tender leaves are found. What an insightful solution, just let them run to the top by hanging upside down. Now why didn't I think of that? Great post!

VF

Latest posts

Back