mites

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smkngunz

Reaction score
i got these plants that are around a mounth old, After i seen light brown spots on them i sprayed them with hyponix dont bug me, after 3 hours i went to spray the leaves with water and i seen all webs over the plants!!!

I washed the leaves with a tobbaco and handsoap mix fast, then cleaned with water again.. The bigger plants have been removed to a diff. room, the baby's witch are 2 weeks old, stayed under the 400 metal halid, although i cleaned the room with bleech... hoping to kill some bugs....

after seeing the larger plants, i noticed the second leaves from the top were curling downward, and in, and the lower first two leaves were shrivled up ready to fall.... any help would be great.

no fertilizer used yet, soil is mg 3 mounth potting soil.

IMHO I would toss the grow now and clean everything many times over a 2-3 week period and try to break there cycle now.... wipe cords, lights....every thing... many many times....

trust me you don't want to battle mites for 10-11 more weeks. they are in a perfect Environment for the fastest egg hatch rates (2-3 days).... It gets very ugly in flower when you cant use anything in late flower:eek:

2 weeks in I would really start over IMHO

It sounds liek you have them pretty bad. You could also get a bug bomb (pyrethrin based) and hit them with every other known method, including co2 the room (sealed). HGB gave you good advice though, it is much easier to start over.

One other thing of note, Don't use MG soil with nutes in it. You will never get your ph,and feed right.

HGB said:
IMHO I would toss the grow now and clean everything many times over a 2-3 week period and try to break there cycle now.... wipe cords, lights....every thing... many many times....

trust me you don't want to battle mites for 10-11 more weeks. they are in a perfect Environment for the fastest egg hatch rates (2-3 days).... It gets very ugly in flower when you cant use anything in late flower:eek:

2 weeks in I would really start over IMHO

You said it all. There is no better choice of what to do. I battled mites my last grow during the last 3 wks of flower and it reduced my grow by at least 4 oz. I sorta kept em in check spraying heavily with a 50/50 mix of rubbing alcohol and water with just a few drops of dish liquid. This still didn't kill them all but it kept them down in numbers. If I had been so early in the grow I would have started over.

kill the babies also? there only 3 inches high..

smkngunz said:
kill the babies also? there only 3 inches high..

yes kill them all..... wash the grow room many many times....toss all soil as well....

I would rather you break both of my femur's with a sledge hammer then have mites:eek:

if ya just go about it half way you will only get 1/2 the mites... they just wont go away on there own....

turn lights off and try to get grow room temps down around 60* or lower and wait 2-3 weeks to break there cycle and keep cleaning with bleach top to bottom and side to side.....

good luck

I always run a couple NSP's in the grow, full time...lifes toooo short to spend the time to sort the bugs from the buds....

"NSP".. No Strip Pests ?? ;)
j/k..I knew what you meant..NPS ;)

If he were not already obviously infested being early in a grow I woudl chose to fight them. My grow last fall I found both Mites,and thrips. They were smaller plants,and the pests were low in numbers. Between the safers, Neem oil, Habanero spray,Co2, and Pyrethrin bomb I won the fight, and have not seen anymore since.

That should give everyone a good idea what it takes, and how much trouble it is to win, eh.

whats the co2 do and were can i get some? so i can start the battle. are co2 pucks good?

I heard of the co2 treament, the neem oil, soap and water, etc, etc...NSP is the key....

get some AVID if you want to get rid of them

NSP's constantly emit a poisonous insecticide. If you run them during flower, you're smoking it, too.
Mites will also build a tolerance to them, effectivly evolving into a "Super-mite", that is even "more" difficult to eliminate.

nps dont do jack **** for mites they dont go near them but id love to obtain some avid here in the u.k. but what a price it is.

also seems to do the job very well by what ive read.

pkj

"Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved"

HA HA HA hey hick my version is better.

i had a hard paper delivery round when i was a kid.the north face of the eigar.lol

pkj

Latest posts

Back